Sign in to follow this  
Morgan

Morgan's Got A New Toy

Kathy has a Renault, I could get out the white flag. :LOL:

• Like 1

Never been keen on estates tbh but guess they're a practical family car!

Liked Golf TDI - we've owned one before and was fun to drive.

Edited by divadiva

Cheers for the heads up, Anjenha - profile now changed to reflect new car. :thumbs:

I will miss the Golf, DD, but I've gone back to my first love... Wafty old barges. :LOL:

Thinking about it, I never really got used to the "sporty" ride of the Golf. I'm just not a sporty ride kind of chap. :biglol:

Nice panzerwagen, Biggy. :thumbs:

Anj - fancy posting some pics of hubby's panzerwagen on this thread? ;)

K9d - maybe you could show us the Renault with a white pillowcase hanging out of the window. :P

Not sure about the pillow case thing, I could show you the scratches where I tried to rip the rear bumper of with a VW van when I was moving house. :$

Moggy, whilst watching an episode of 5th Gear the other night, you popped into my head.

The subject being second hand bargains, one of which i think you may or may not be interested in, taking into account your recent purchase. It would have been two but you have previous with the 7 series.

How would a VW Phaeton appeal to you? Almost £50k worth of 3.0 V6 TDi super saloon for just under £4k. I know it's not the grand you originally planned but you know, work a bit harder and all that :thumbs:

Joking aside, even i'd be tempted by that sort of VFM

I looked at those when i sold my GTA :LOL: saw the W12 petrol & it was the LWB version, had loads of kit on it & it was cheaper to insure than my GTA was too :hubba:

Either would have been fine, i just wouldn't have any where to park it :LOL: its a bit of a pain where i park my MiTo outside our house so a phaeton would be taking the piss when i blocked the neighbours driveway (and ours :LOL:)

Funnily enough, the VW Phaeton is on my radar, and has been ever since they started appearing on the used market for less than £10k. :thumbs:

The V6 diesel looks potent enough for a wafty old barge, though the V10 TDi would be bloody EPIC! :D

I'm off for a trawl of Auto Trader... Cheers Gaz. :cool:

The good people of Auto Trader tell me that petrol Phaetons (3.2 V6) start at £4k, though you'll need to find another £1.5k on top of that to get yourself behind the wheel of a V6 3.0 TDi. The cheapest petrol V8 (4.2) currently listed is up for a shade under £6k.

The real bargain, however, has to be the 6.0 W12. Auto Trader have a low mileage W12 up for £6.5k. That car was £80k just 10 years ago. :o

Oh, and I know the Phaeton is limited to 155mph, but it has a speedo that reads to 200mph. One would imagine that a W12 could hit that, if de-restricted. Very cool. :cool:

phaeton_zps63d939ce.jpg

Euw, No Kiss is pants.

The Phaeton, however, It's so amazing what you can find if you look hard enough

• Like 1

Eh? :Confused:

Euw, No Kiss is pants.

Agree, Kiss is pants, but I wouldn't have thought that VW had the average Kiss listener in mind when designing the car. It was the juxtaposition that amused me, like if a fully modded Saxo was tuned to R4. :D

The real bargain, however, has to be the 6.0 W12. Auto Trader have a low mileage W12 up for £6.5k. That car was £80k just 10 years ago. :o

Thats why i was tempted by 1 :). They haven't dropped in price very much (if anything, they have not budged) since last year. I would have had the insurance & car paid off with the money i got for my GTA :cool: think at the time munky said he didn't realise they made a diesel so wanted 1 as his next taxi car :LOL:

Eh? :Confused:

I don't understand why you're confused.... It's amazing what you can find if you look hard enough....?!?

Oh, and I know the Phaeton is limited to 155mph, but it has a speedo that reads to 200mph. One would imagine that a W12 could hit that, if de-restricted. Very cool. :cool:

phaeton_zps63d939ce.jpg

I think, i could be wrong, although it is unlikely, that the W12 Phaeton could 'only' manage 186mph as although it has the same engine as the 200mph Bentley Continental GT, it made do without any turbos.

A fine beast, there is a hint of needing to be a monumental car bore to know what it is though. The casual, untrained eye will just think it is a Passat and will therefore hate you, and think you are a ####

Gaz has hit the nail on the head there, it looks like a Passat at first glance and not much different at second glance. :(

Agreed. A bit like the Peugeot 605. A very capable car in its own right, but looked far too much like a slightly scaled-up 405.

In fairness, it's the main reason you can get a Phaeton for £4k. If it was an outstanding beauty, you'd be looking at £15k up.

In some ways, the perfect car for those who desire luxury, but don't want to appear vulgar.