Sign in to follow this  
shane25

evening all

Hello People

Just popped in to say hello.

I dont know how much i'll be using this forum as i'm now in 2 minds whether or not to break my 156, the underneath isnt very healthy (a fair bit of rust) and its due an mot next month, i know it will fail on 4 tyres, brakes all round need a refurb, track rod end, rev counter and thats only from what i can see without looking to hard :$

I really dont want it as a project as i have a GTO sitting on my drive which i've barely touched since i've had the alfa, already replaced, arb bushes, both upper arms, aux belt tensioner, fixed the locking issue, and still have to do the mot work and fix the fan issues (when i got it, she had a switch in the drivers footwell to turn on the fan, no auto cut in) replace the front wings (already bought a new pair of front wings in the right colour).

i may just throw it on ebay as spares or repairs and cut my losses

Cheers

Shane

If you keep it then welcome aboard

if you break it and stick with the GTO then welcome aboard :thumbs:

:whistle: Hey, Shane, you don't have to have an Alfa to be here (but it helps) to paraphrase a well known .. erm ... phrase!

Plenty people here have other cars, even the mods! :whistle:

Plenty people here have other cars, even the mods! :whistle:

That was a dig, wasn't it?... I can spot a dig a mile off. :mad:

:LOL:

Welcome to AlfaDriver, Shane. :thumbs: (Alfa or not, no worries :cool:).

Have a mooch around the tech section to see if your motor's worth saving. If it is, great - if it's not, you can advertise the parts here, too. :thumbs:

Alright shane :thumbs:

You're in the same dilemma most alfa drivers go through at least once, and its a poor situation to be in.

Head Vs Heart... It sounds like you have put a load of effrot into it already so it would be a damn shame to break it... but its also hard to just keep ploughing money into something like that.

But as has been said, you're welcome to stick around either way, and if you do decide to break it, feel free to use our classifieds section to advertise the bits and bobs :thumbs:

Cheers for the welcome people

know doubt i'll stick around, i still go on the rover forums alot even though i've not had a rover in almost a year.

It's not the mechanical side thats bothering me its the rot underneath, its already been welded up (badly, just left as bare plate)

Also i need a daily driver and the alfa just isnt reliable enough, the GTO is twice the age as the alfa and its in far better condition and needs less work but its not really suitable as a daily driver :whistle:

Oh yeah and my missus loves the alfa and wants me to swap it with her focus wiesel, only because she likes the red leather seats and the ironing board on the back

Shane