Sign in to follow this  

Anyone Got A 2.0 Ts Engine For Sale?

The big end went our car this week, don't really want to repair / recon the lump again so wondered if anyone had a decent engine for sale? :)

There was one posted in alfas for sale on face book :thumbs:

There was one posted in alfas for sale on face book :thumbs:

Cheers Leigh,

Just had a quick look, the fact it'll need to be shipped from the US is a wee bit off putting - less warranty than getting Dawsub & Hiddy to rebuild the head lol

Will keep an eye out over the next week or so and see what pops up.... Why oh why didn't I buy that GTV off eBay the other week for £590? :facepalm:

Sorry mate didn't see it was from the states thought it was euros.

I brought my GTV of eBay for £800 top end rebuild recent cam belt change. Needed all doin again cus of burnt valves. Will keep an ear out for you

If fitted by them and continually serviced by them, but results from recent engine builds from them would make me run a mile

In fairness to Autolusso, they had a specific issue with the powder-coating process on V6 engine rebuilds. Once the issue was identified, they changed the process, and rebuilt all affected engines under warranty - no additional charge to the customer.

You could try Ned at Autolusso. http://www.autolusso.co.uk

From memory, he offers a 3 year warranty on all Twinnie engines sold. :thumbs:

The price is a wee bit off putting tbh Morgan, don't really want to put in an engine that'll cost me more than the car will be worth once it's fitted.

I think our budget for the whole job will be c£1000 (ideally less, it's a recession after all), if Ned could be persuaded to do a wee deal though (a new website as part exchange for instance), I might be tempted to give him a bell ;)

If fitted by them and continually serviced by them, but results from recent engine builds from them would make me run a mile

If you could source a lump or even the parts Smaky and would be up for doing the work (bear in mind our budget), I'd get the car trailered down to you to get her fixed once and for all :)

It'd certainly beat gambling on finding yet another local mechanic that in all likelihood knows as much about TS engines as I do lol

If you could source a lump or even the parts Smaky and would be up for doing the work (bear in mind our budget), I'd get the car trailered down to you to get her fixed once and for all :)

It'd certainly beat gambling on finding yet another local mechanic that in all likelihood knows as much about TS engines as I do lol

We could also do a engine rebuild video for the forum and kill two birds with one stone - if you were up for it ;)

The main problem I have is time atm, I do have an engine, though it requires putting together (block from one and head from another), and budget wise it would easily be met, the problem is it's now show season and with all the racers and show cars I help out with I don't bet much time for the good jobs, though an engine swap is only 8 hours tops, things you should also budget for are cambelt changes and clutch swaps, those are the reasons the prices shoot up so quickly, with parts themselves wieghing in at £450 before you add the engine and labour. I'm not saying no, but I really just don't have the time right now.

Powdercoating issues..... complete tosh, even rebuilt engines that weren't powder coated have gone the same way, on one I examined only because the owner was bored of having his calls cut off when dialing and ignored, I found that the V6s crank nut cracked off at 30N.m. Completely unacceptable in my oponion.

Cheers for the reply Alex and of course we totally understand that you're too busy at the moment, even getting the car down to you would have been a bit of a 'mare to be honest. I had a quote from a Glasgow based engineering firm (engine engineering limited) today, they want £850 just to do the recon and £1750 to do the recon and refit. Not sure if it's worth putting more money into the car than it'll be worth once fixed but hey ho, none of us own an Alfa because they make financial sense lol

A wee update....

I found a one owner car with 78k on the clock, some history and all the old MOT's on the bayofplenty.com

I picked it up for £540 (delivered to Scotland from Merseyside) and it arrived at the door this morning. I topped up the fluids, gave the timing belt's condition a cursory peek and took it for a run. The engine sounds clean and quiet, no nasty whisps of smoke from the exhaust etc. I have no idea if/when the timing belt was last changed but that's not a big deal, it'll get changed when the engine and box come out to be transplanted into Vinnie.

The bodywork's quite tatty but it all seems to be there, plus as a wee bonus the wheels on it are in better nick than Vinnie's with a decent set of tyres too :thumbs:

I'm planning to take off what bits I can that might be useful when restoring Vinnie, anything I can stick in boxes and shove in the loft. What would people suggest keeping hold of for that "Alfa Rainy Day"?

There will be stuff that I'll stick up on eBay, for instance the gearbox that's coming out of Vinnie (only done 81k and still in great nick), but if anyone needs any parts give me a shout.

AD members get first dibs... You pay the postage and a wee donation of your choice to the site (pay what it's worth to you :))

Let me know if or what you need :)

Rear subframe (complete).

Smaky can you PM me and let me know exactly what bits you need? Pics would be handy so I don't sound like an eejit when I ask for it to be taken off and stuck on a pallet lol

The car's have their engines out of them (will post pics in a bit) and hopefully Vinnie will be getting a new heart transplanted next week :thumbs:

The donor is staying at my mate's garage as he's gonna strip it down and label/box everything for me, recommend what bits to keep and what to sell - could do with your advice on that topic too :D

Cheers!

Waz