Sign in to follow this  
Richybhoy001

Install Parrot Mki9200 To 147

Hi folks! New alfa driver! Just purchased a parrot mki9200 and very much grudge shelling out the money to get those goons at halfords to fit it for me

Would anyone be able to direct me to or give me instructions how I would fit it?

Help greatly appreciated

Welcome to AD :thumbs: I'm not sure how you would fit it but i found this on google if it's of any use?

http://www.parrot.co...er-guide-en.pdf

I've moved this into the electronics/ I.C.E.S section where hopefully more people will see it and be able to offer some more advice. Looks like a good kit though so good luck on getting it working :thumbs:

Thanks! Looks pretty helpful! I wasn't sure where it should have went! Noobs eh?! Lol

My 147 is a 2006 model, will I need some sort of adapter or anything to allow me to fit this budgie in?

Welcome to the forum, Richybhoy. :thumbs:

I found this when searching Parrot's website for additional products you'd need when installing a MKI9200 kit into a 147:

http://dbinstall.parrot.com/pdf.php?adapter=PD000110AA&ck=MKI9200&lang=GB

It seems to suggest you'll need the following adaptor: PD000110AA, but don't quote me on that.

If it were me, I'd have professionals install it. :LOL:

Hmm, I think it's a wise move to at least have a chat with them haha! Thanks guys! Looking forward to getting it set up, it looks like quite a clever set up!

Hold the front page: Wiring in Alfa is non-standard shocker! :Shocked:

Despite using standard looking ISO plugs, the 147/156/GT stereo wiring is anything but - wires in non-standard positions or missing altogether. (The presence of a Sat Nav head unit or Bose system with/out a CD changer, or an iPod adaptor might make it more complicated, as they all run off the mini ISO plugs, which also contain the tele mute wires)

However, fret not. I don't think I'm allowed to post the link, but if you're fairly competent with these things and want to get your hands dirty there is a very good explanation of the 147/156/GT stereo wiring on another forum - search for "install aftermarket headunit 147".

As Morgan intimated, best consult Parrot for additional adaptors/wiring changes needed, as you won't be the first person to try and fit one of these to the 147. If it all sounds a bit much then suggest you work out where you want the bits to go (mic etc), and either do as much as you can (to save time/money), or give it straight to a professional to fit it.

I did give the standard stuff a look but I think the parrot looks miles better! A quite sad video of it on YouTube sold me haha!

Between me n my da were no bad, tinkered away at my corsa! But this potentially sounds a bit beyond our capabilities, I will give it a look into and email parrot and see what happens!

Your can post links to other forums twisted_pr, what you can't do is slag them off. :thumbs:

Isn't that the forum which is claiming 330 BHP from a 3.8GTA on a standard 3.2 map? though the printout is from a totaly different car (Jimbobs 147 3.7 GTA)?

Isn't that the forum which is claiming 330 BHP from a 3.8GTA on a standard 3.2 map? though the printout is from a totaly different car (Jimbobs 147 3.7 GTA)?

Have no idea sir, :D but the head unit replacement guide is pretty good. I couldn't write a similar one for here without mass plagiarism, which I'm sure would go down like the proverbial sandwich.

Borderline Smaky.... borderline :LOL:

Nope, true. And I wont mentin the anger shown at a wheel nut being torqued...OMFG mechanic uses correct tool for job shocker :cry: