Sign in to follow this  
06gta

C1504 Abs System Pressure

Hi

156 JTS got this error earlier in the week. Have cleared today and did some research.

C1504 = Dynamic Stability Control Right Front Valve Malfunction

Should I be concerned with this or just clear and monitor.

The car is fine other than the error as far as I can tell.

Clear and monitor, the 5.3 ASR can be a tempremental beast, but rarely do you see that code, I have seen it caused by pads sticking in the brake carriers before, but not on the Brembo setup.

Thanks smaky

I've just completed a full brake / abs bleed. (Fluid was 2 years old)

I did note that the ABS pump when actuated sounded different to my GTA's. It sounded like a cheap chinese version (if that makes sense!)

Smaky.

Decided to take the JTS to work today and as I was leaving the garage the front right pads grabbed. Similar to what I experience if I put the handbrake on after washing and go to move the car the next morning.

Should I pull the pads out and give them a good clean?

Nope, I think we have an issue with the ABS for real here, undo the plug on the main ABS unit and reconnect it, then see what it feels like again.

Unplugged and could not replicate the issue - ill check again in the morning and advise

No issue this morning and no (dash) error messages

I'll put it onto MES tonight to see if there are any recorded ABS errors and report back

MES has no recorded faults. Car was fine again today.

Smaky - thought a bit more about the caliper grabbing the other day. I painted the right front and right rear calipers when I did the fluid change. Everything was masked up properly to ensure none went on the pads or other mating surfaces however the last quick pray of clear coat I was a bit liberal and could've possibly got some on mating surfaces...

MES has no recorded faults. Car was fine again today.

Smaky - thought a bit more about the caliper grabbing the other day. I painted the right front and right rear calipers when I did the fluid change. Everything was masked up properly to ensure none went on the pads or other mating surfaces however the last quick pray of clear coat I was a bit liberal and could've possibly got some on mating surfaces...

I doubt Laquer would give you that sense through the brakes, but I do think it is now sorted.

Smaky -I've sourced a complete pump / ecu replacement unit

Old one is out and new one about to go in, but we've lost the rubber locator from base of unit. I'm going to make up a new grommet to suit.

Once the unit is in I intend to bleed as per my write up on changing the abs fluid when bleeding using mes.

Is there anything else I need to do such as update the ecu with the new unit or similar?

Thanks

All sorted. No more errors or poor sounding pump

I'll keep a close watch over next few hundred k's but expect all to be ok

Brake tests from 70k to stop were very good. No locking or sideways movement. Abs activated smooth and overall very good response

Got a 'Go to dealer' message today... MES results

C1266 - Pump Motor (Stored) - The ABS hydraulic pump motor or supply circuit is open or shorted...

C1276 - ABS/ESP solenoid valve (FATAL) -

The Main Relay or the associated circuitry has a defect. This relay is usually part of the hydraulic assembly and supplies the power to the solenoid valves and acts as a safety device. Check:

1) permanent (+ 30) and Key-On power supplies and ground circuits for opens, shorts or weak connections

2) the relay coils and the relay for proper functioning

The fault is present now. Take appropriate action to fix this sensor fault. Dashboard warning light was activated for this fault.

C1266 can be cleared, but C1276 cannot. The new pump sounds much better (and on par with my GTA's) than the old one.

Could this be just as simple as a blown fuse?

Can't find my new multi meter (but will keep searching) so not sure what battery voltage is , but indicator is green

Any help very much appreciated

edit - found multimeter - static voltage is 12.67 and 60 amp ABS fuse is intact

Edited by 06gta

Smaky - searching google and I may have come across something from your past writings on another site

The handbrake light is always on regardless of the handbrake position - should I look at the connections below the handbrake boot?

Fluid level is at 1mm under max.

Could the auto sense level be an issue as we removed it from the reservoir during abs replacement and replaced. i.e. could one of the wires now be faulty?

Before I condem the replacement ABS pump, set the wheels to N (straight) and run a steering angle calibration through MES.

Before I condem the replacement ABS pump, set the wheels to N (straight) and run a steering angle calibration through MES.

Steering calibration done - no change.

I am now unable to get the ABS pump to work via MES

I have not checked the handbrake earth.

I have changed the 60 amp abs fuse

After the steering angle I have been able to clear the FATAL C1276 via MES but dash still gives go to dealer + beep (I'm sure this error will come back to MES soon enough)

I have checked and cleaned the 3 wire connection to the pump motor and also reseated the ECU main connection.