Sign in to follow this  
WTI

Having A Back Box Quad Conversion Made And Fitted

Ok Smaky will I have made my car slower with this new back box?

I had no illusions of bhp gains or as some of the claims of some of these exhaust places about mpg.

Haven't used the GT hardly all year but now have no second car so just had it serviced and the mpg that has been 30-31 has been down to split turbo boost pipe as you correctly advised me ages ago in a power down low mpg thread I started ages ago :LOL:

On a non sans plomb GT I think if the pipe is made to the same diameter through to the rear split and depending on the distance you may actually release a couple of ponies, but to get the true improvement of an exhaust you need to have the engine remapped (Alfatune I'd recommend) but don't have the EGR written out as it is vital to the clean running of the engine, so many issues occur on maps with EGR removal as the engine needs the warmer air at idle to keep the injectors cleaner and glow plugs up to temp.

Increase the pipe diameter then the turbo can overspool and that will hurt the wallet.

Edited by Smaky

It was remapped by the previous owner il have to look through service reciepts to see who did it wasnt a selling point for me to be honest just wanted a low mileage looked after GT was 13k.

Not that intrested in power gains really just the n/s exhaust pipe looked lonely and it does suit the car with quad 3 inch pipes.Always hated that blanking rear bumper plate on the o/s.

Id never right off the egr as i work with Diesel engineers(all vag fanatics who hate alfas)and they have told me opening a big can of worms if i did.

I told exhaust fitter same pipe diameter.I also told him dont make it stick too far out because that looks shit.Did what i asked and its very nice.Il try post some pics tommorow.

Its running nice now turbo boost pipe replaced(silicone)and back to its old self mpg gone up already.

sorted :thumbs:

looks really good, perfect size as they don't look over sized and chavvy. Good choice :)

It was remapped by the previous owner

I wonder if it was the usual Angel tuning trick of just copying a map off a ducato and loading it onto the GT, found 3 like that this week,wont they realise the ISO number gives it away...

Doesn't really sound any different is that a good/bad thing Smaky?

It depends what you were after, but once a tractor, always a ......

That looks proper bang tidy, Tyas.

Very tasteful. What Alfa probably should have done with the pipes in the first place. :thumbs: