Sign in to follow this  
K9d

Broken Handbrake

Don't forget the Factoryshop ones and all the other crap we get, sometimes we deliver something people want but not too often. :LOL:

They're not all bad, I get paid an extra £19.20 each week for delivering them. :)

Did you not get any advice on this "wreck" before you bought it? :tut:

Nope, but this wreck has served me faithfully for a year almost, been to the north of Scotland and Disneyland Paris, not missed a beat but likes to play nodding donkey just moving oil from the sump to the back box via the exhaust manifold studs and I jut can't be arsed to sort it, it's also won a concours award and appeared in 3 magazines this year, so really wreck may be a bit strong, but honestly IT IS.

Weather permitting I plan to change my cables tomorrow, the rear cables seem pretty straightforward but the front one looks like it could be a pig.

Any advice on changing this cable, I'm assuming this cable has broken at some place if I tape the new cable to the end of the old cable will it be possible to pull the new cable through as I pull the old one up through the centre console ?

Erm, OK I was kind of planning to do that, I'm too fat to wriggle under :(

All fixed. :)

Turns out the cable on the passenger side was seized, this had caused the cables to come out of the bracket near the front of the car, which caused them to hang down very low and for me to mistakenly think the front cable had broken.

Changing them was straightforward apart from getting the seized cable off the caliper and adjusting the 13mm bolt on the handbrake was a pain because of limited access.

Now I have an unused front cable. :(

I blame it on crappy wet ground that prevented me looking at it properly. :(

Did get a result on my split turbo hose, used some Krakken tape to do a better repair and its spot on, no oily crap all over my battery now. Just need to get the bottom hose off and check that, from the quick look I've had it appears to be made entirely of tape. :(. Although fortunately getting hold of one seems easier EB spares sell them. :)