Sign in to follow this  
LJ_GQV

Auto Italia At Brooklands - 04/05/13

Its always a good day at brooklands and even better when its crammed full of italian cars :thumbs: this year it is on Saturday 4th May :)

The gates open at 8:30 and close at 17:00. there is a lot to see there and you can even take your own car up Brooklands test hill :thumbs:

It was a really good day last year (even though it was cold and rainy :grr:) so if theres anyone who wants to go, we can arrange a meet point for the morning and hopefully get parked up near each other :thumbs:

More info is here-

http://www.brookland...uto-italia-day/

I will definitely be going :cool: Really enjoyed it the year before last (although more than likely won't get there early) :LOL:

:LOL: it was a good 1 the year before because it was super hot & sunny, hopefully this year will be too :yay:

I've been a few times now, and to be honest, It gets a bit samey. The company makes all the difference, though :thumbs:

I may go if I can get the day off work.

Will take my dad along as he loves Mercs so we could pop next door. :)

looks like a few people are going then :thumbs:

I may go if I can get the day off work.

Will take my dad along as he loves Mercs so we could pop next door. :)

We had a quick look in the merc bit last year (well, went in there to get warm and out of the rain :LOL:) and it looked like they had a few new and old mercs in there aswell as info about them all so could be quite interesting :)

He has two an 05 plate C class and a 1960s 280, I think, not really my type of classic car but he loves it. :)

I've been a few times now, and to be honest, It gets a bit samey. The company makes all the difference, though :thumbs:

All car shows are like that i find,but depends on the company....

I'll be there :thumbs:

Not going on the 5th though, i'll be there on the 4th :P

might be 1 or 2 for sale there if you dont ;)

:LOL:

Hopefully have one before then......otherwise i will be in my beat up Peugeot 306 diesel

Hopefully have one before then......otherwise i will be in my beat up Peugeot 306 diesel

I have some experience of 306 diesels. From what I can remember, they're so good on fuel, I thought the gauge had broken. The bloody needle never moved!!! :LOL:

I have some experience of 306 diesels. From what I can remember, they're so good on fuel, I thought the gauge had broken. The bloody needle never moved!!! :LOL:

Well this ones shit lol...uses more fuel than my Alfa did

You must have a Friday afternoon car...

Phillipe: "Shall we finish making this 306, Pierre?"

Pierre: "Phillipe, my friend, it is Friday. Let us enjoy wine, women and song."

Phillipe: "You're right, of course" *downs tools*

Pierre: "Anyway this one we are building is right hand drive, for a filthy rosbif, no doubt."

Phillipe: "Zut alors!" *spits on car*

Pierre: "Santé!" *clinks wine glasses*

And that, my friend, is exactly what happened on the day they made your car. :LOL:

I'll be there :thumbs:

Not going on the 5th though, i'll be there on the 4th :P

If you need somewhere to stay Dahn Sahf the offer of my spare room is always on. I'm told I'm a great cook if you're in time for dinner ;)

Found out yesterday that my 166 may be fixed in the not too distant future, a bit of a pain as I'm broke and I was happy for it to stay broken.

That aside as the poor thing has been of the road for a year it will need about a week of cleaning, then put it on classic insurance for £200 and use it for special occasions. :)

Cheers Anj, i'll see what i'm up to closer to the time :thumbs:

If it's a sunny weekend i'll be bringing the Spider. Gtv will be all minted apart from a spray job and as thats the first thing people see, i'll leave it at home until its done :LOL:

If you need somewhere to stay Dahn Sahf the offer of my spare room is always on. I'm told I'm a great cook if you're in time for dinner ;)

I was going to approach Steve (Finny05) and see about a BBQ and camp at the farm on the previous night then mass convoy down the M40, only an hour to Brooky from there...

I was going to approach Steve (Finny05) and see about a BBQ and camp at the farm on the previous night then mass convoy down the M40, only an hour to Brooky from there...

Bostin idea