Sign in to follow this  
smiffy

Bonnet Problem

Hi all had a problem with the alarm the other night not setting, so today when it did it again I checked all doors, boot and finally it was the bonnet that was open, so I closed it (took a couple of attempts) then after a drive I notice that the bonnet was un latched again, again it took several attempts to close it. Where do I start the catch under the bonnet or the handle in car

Thanks

try cleaning all the gunk that is round the catch 1st? theres probly quite a bit of old grease and dirt in there so worth cleaning it up and trying that (and its a free fix if it works :thumbs:)

I'd agree with LJ, Smaky cleaned mine up and its amazing how much crap gets in there.

im guessing its on your GTA? i saw a 156 GTA after the bonnet catch let go on the motorway and it wasn't a pretty sight :( (the bonnet was up and over and through the sunroof and the rest of the bonnet was the same shape as the roof :o) its a common thing apparently and its the 1st catch that gets gunked up with all the black crap and doesnt 'click' properly so it only gets hooked on the second/safety catch. thats from memory but i think its mostly right (im sure someone with more knowledge can say yay or nay :LOL:)

Fuck me where do you spring from???

Will try that tomorrow too being fucking bone idle today :o

You all right mate :thumbs:

Come back 2spark ....All is forgiven sFun_thewave.gif

It's the latch side which causes 99% of the trouble, always reseat the handle after pulling and cables do frey aswell.

My boot used to pop itself open...

Can't remember what the cause was now, though

Alright smiffy :Big Grin: I'm very good mate. You?

not getting much time to get on here tbh so likely to be a sparodic sparky at best!

Alright smiffy :Big Grin: I'm very good mate. You?

not getting much time to get on here tbh so likely to be a sparodic sparky at best!

Not bad matey, a sparodic one is better than none :thumbs:

Took mechanism thingy off and gave it a good clean am I right in saying there is adjustment in them with the bolts

I think this thread has jinxed my car, after work on Friday I popped my bonnet to fill my washer bottle and then had to spend 10 minutes trying to get the damn thing to close. :(

Also noticed that my coolant bottle was almost empty :(, I'm hoping its just a leaky pipe, hard to spot it one the ground though its never bloody dry.