Sign in to follow this  
Sphinx

Vws...

The daytime running lights on the polo I'm driving are really annoying me. Basically, when you start the engine, with the lights turned off, it automatically turns on dipped beam, sidelights and taillights. The closest you can have to turning the lights off is turning the sidelights on. I looked in the manual, and the deactivation procedure as specified by the almighty Volkswagen? Remove the corresponding fuse.

Wait, but its the same fuse that powers the dipped beam, which I generally want turned on when its dark.

WHY??

I'm beginning to wonder if newer cars have their fog lights linked to the side lights, the number of cars I see now with fog lights on is staggering, quite often stupid little cars Toyota Qi etc. It was foggy round here about 3 weeks ago :rolleyes:

Alfa have the right idea the lights turn OFF with the ignition and fog lights can't be left on.

Lights are shit. Your lights are a gimp. Don worry gimp lifhtssn :D flimp herbee

I always drive with dip beam on

In a grey car you're more likely noticed with lights

Plus they're so shit I need them on to see in the day :biglol:

My Golf has automatic lights. I leave the switch in the automatic position.

I have no trouble sleeping at night. Coincidence? Maybe.

:teehee:

My Golf has automatic lights. I leave the switch in the automatic position.

I have no trouble sleeping at night. Coincidence? Maybe.

:teehee:

Automatic or just dipped beam constantly turned on?

Automatic or just dipped beam constantly turned on?

Automatic. When it's dark outside, they go on. When it's light outside, they go off.

Daytime Running Lights (DRLs) became law in the UK on 7th February 2011. In anticipation of this change to the law, many manufacturers started fitted their vehicles with DRLs from 2009 onwards. In VW's case, they simply redesigned the lighting circuit to keep dipped beams on all the time.

It's not so much the fact it does it. It's the fact that in the bloody vehicle user manual, it says 'to turn this feature off, remove the corresponding fuse'. WTF?