Sphinx

Midlands Regular Meets

Hello.

Both myself and Harry want to start organising regular meets in our section of the woods, however we want to make sure it's not going to be us two sat in a car park arguing over who gets to take what car home.

So, basically, quick question to see who would be willing to come down to our part of the world for a meet? We're currently deciding between a few good pubs :Big Grin:

Bunch of Carrots - HR1 4JR (Bonus is the owner/manager drives a 156)

The Trumpet - HR8 2RA - (Bonus is the location is more central, closer to Gloucester folk)

Ledbury Rugby Club (Floodlit carpark, and a bar)

I'm sure Harry's mentioned a couple of others, but I rarely pay attention to what he says, so I'll let him add things :)

So, how many of you would be willing to travel to the above, and do you have any preference on location choice?

• Like 1

Sorry sphinx, it's 2 1/2 - 3 hours from me.

Can't some of you people move down here a bit? it's lovely and sunny :Confused:

Bloody grim oop Norf BD ....

This Midlands section covers a bloody big area tbh ....Shouldn't it be broken down a bit ?

Doesn't seem to be any Alfa activity between the M1 and Lincoln (East Mids) ???

Guest Tony156

Not much in it for me between any of em.

Bunch a carrots sounds good as this is (just) farther away, so may grab a few newbies from closer your end than here....

Just don't do it the same week as Staverton! :D

Edited by Tony156

A mate of mine came up with the idea of Ledbury rugby club cause its basically just off the m50, and in-between Hereford, Ross, Gloucester, malvern and Bromyard so pretty central.

I have also thought about the Rose and Crown in Hereford as they hold a lot of car meets there already so obviously dont mind them and theres usually a 156 parked in the carpark!

Trumpet works fine.....Nice to see some activity in this neck of the woods at last. The other 2 work equally well.

FWIW, the Wye Valley Brewery will also allow you to use their in-house pub/meeting room, and do group tours, if sufficient interest,

Trumpet works fine.....Nice to see some activity in this neck of the woods at last. The other 2 work equally well.

FWIW, the Wye Valley Brewery will also allow you to use their in-house pub/meeting room, and do group tours, if sufficient interest,

Good thread drag garwood :thumbs: I would be interested in a local west mids meet the eye valley brewery sounds good.

Could be about time we organised one of these...

I've actually spoken to he owners of the bunch of carrots and there happy for a meet to be held there.

Just need to organise a time and place and see how it goes...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Where's the bunch of carrots Dave???

I'll be interested too

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Hr1 4jr. Going to look into the trumpet as it's closer to motorways etc and better roads to get to it!

Why not just stick with the Aviator at Staverton (Gluesester), after all you lrady go to that one, then thee are the other local ones o me tat I list in my sig too

Will be going to that one aswell, there people I know in hereford with alfas that would come to the trumpet bit won't come to staverton!

Car MOT'd, taxed and back on the road now, just need a good meet to go to. Had another thought...anyone else on here go to Shelsley Walsh for the hillclimbs ? They are always good fun, and the car park is like a car show, usually...Just a thought.

Never been but always wanted to, great idea

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk