LJ_GQV

Ever Thought Of Owning A Classic Car?

Yeah sure if I could work out how. Friut phone doesn't seem to support picture loading on this site

usyjuty3.jpg

Sorted :D

(Great looking car :cool:)

After the M635CSI that's my favourite bimmer from that era. :cool: - must be something to do with the shark-nose.

Great condition Joss and I'm loving the split rims. :thumbs:

Sold my Mk2 Golf GTI 16v just before Christmas :bluecry: God I loved that car. As Joss said, so easy to work on, reliable, nothing but admiring glances (have twice been offered cash for it there and then by randoms who pulled up beside me at the traffic lights) and so much cheaper to insure. Will post pics later.

Oh and totally with morgan on that singer porsche

Yeah, it's a beauty, and addresses my only concern about Porkers of that era - that the standard ones don't look beefy enough. :cool:

@Morgan. I wonder if they'd do a slush box auto just for you :LOL:

@K9d &Gaz cheers guys. I've now refitted the fuel flap that is missing from the photo

@twisted: love the mk2 golf and the 635. Both can still be had for pretty good money. Mk1 golf's are getting a bit pricy mind

Edited by Joss

Sold my Mk2 Golf GTI 16v just before Christmas :bluecry: God I loved that car. As Joss said, so easy to work on, reliable, nothing but admiring glances (have twice been offered cash for it there and then by randoms who pulled up beside me at the traffic lights) and so much cheaper to insure. Will post pics later.

seen a few pics of it now and it does look great :thumbs:

(post some pics :poke:)

Alright alright lads, keep your Alans on! :teehee:

Here goes my first attempt using photobucket. Not the best quality images but all I had access to.

Here's "Womble" (she came from Wimbledon and was bang tidy) in Summer Mode, adorned with BBS RS001s (3 piece split rims to those not in the know). Taken not long after I fitted Eibach Pro Street coilovers and ARBs all round - cost a packet but cornered like she was on rails. Couldn't drop her any lower owing to ramp and speed bump clearance issues.

mk2bbseibach.jpg?t=1365693820

And here she is in Winter mode, with G60 steelies. (funny how it's sunnier in the winter photo :facepalm: )

golf-04.jpg?t=1365693685

Finally (for now) here's a picture of the interior taken the morning of the sale.

Things to note that you can see: Original leather seats, ItalDesign 16v steering wheel, Votex centre console with VDO gauges

Things to note that you can't: Self-installed Toad Alarm system with text alert and shock & tilt sensors, complete self-design/build of custom looms for original electric windows, electric sunroof (both on autoclose & Corrado one touch systems) and electric mirrors, Dynamating of interior metals (complete interior strip down)

Things to note that were removed: about £4k worth of I.C.E. plus self-designed/built custom enclosures.

golf-11.jpg?t=1365693634

Can we move on now, as it still pains me to see her? :bluecry:

No :tut: show everyone the photo of the interior in a gazzillion bits :D

that pic is :cool: because you can see what a car looks like with all the nice interior :$ :LOL:

Joss has a fair point though. Consider me duly bent over double in pain with that horrid sick feeling rising. :D

Didn't have much choice TBH, as I don't have anywhere to keep more than one car, so it was either the Alfa or the Golf. I'd had my fun with the Golf and the Alfa holds huge sentimental value and was in much better nick. Thought I'd get a bit more sympathy on an Alfa forum though :Confused:

Have several before, during and WTF have I started images LJ. Did you mean this one, with no dash (when I changed the heater matrix and added some electricals)?

IMG_0001.jpg

or this one, where I stripped the interior and sound deadened the floor?

interior-floordeadened.jpg?t=1365761315

Of course he got rid of it,

it's a FIVE DOOR Golf.

It's like a 5 door classic SAAB 900,

3008920.jpg

everyone wants the 3 door

6078634357_e9a9f244c6_b.jpg

(the 2 and 4 door are even worse).

Edited by milowokie

There's a 900 3-door identical to the one above, on Autotrader for about £1,600 (from memory).

So tempting.

I'm getting a hankering for either an Alfasud or a GTV6