Sign in to follow this  
Vard66

I Slipped

Another car make with false stereotypes

Volvos are pretty good, not sure on which models are better etc but I rarely hear bad things about them :):thumbs:

Indeed, Anj!

Gotta love an undervalued monster.

She runs beautifully, makes a wonderful turbocharged 5cyl noise and pulls HARD, but unfortunately rubs beautifully at lock too. I suspect this to be something to do with just how damn low she is - look at the wheel in the front arch.

For the moment I'm thinking of simply... reshaping the arch liners to give clearance. Long term, probably coilovers, and raise her at least 10mm from where she sits now, more likely 20mm.

Nice understated weapon, Vard. :thumbs: The 850 R was usually specified in much brighter/louder shades, so one in that colour makes it a proper street sleeper.

If you need to get a couple of large dogs from A to B very quickly, it's the only way to fly. :LOL:

PS: Is it rude to ask how much you paid for the old girl? ;)

Not at all.

Off the road, needing 1x handbrake cable, 2x tyres for the test, and subsequently a VIC check because she's had the driver's door pushed in, replaced and resprayed (dead chuffed with that, you literally cannot tell she's had a spray), £500.

Also, as an aside; have you ever tried driving quickly (or even normally) with a large dog in the back of the car?

Prince_charming_worried_face_sherk_2.jpg

Edited by Vard66