Sign in to follow this  
Devious

Converting A Selespeed To A Manual

Is this a pretty heavy job?

With exception of the obv.. Ie gearbox, clutch etc is there anything id need to convert?

Do i need to fettle with the ecu¿

Ta

• Like 1

Body wiring harness, engine wiring harness, gear stick and cables, gerastick gaitor, rev counter (optional), gear box, slave cylinder, clutch hydraulics, brake fluid reservior, pedal box assembly and clutch master cylinder, basically buy manual car, it's cheaper.

Bloody hell there's a good 2hrs work for you there. :LOL:

Why change?

Selespeeds are much better than those stupid manual things.

2 feet = 2 Pedels.

I guess its horses for courses, but I still plan to get a sele one day, just need to find a £150 one :)

After all the point of semi-auto is that it changes gear quicker than any manual.

Really?

The box must be screwed then....

Ta

I guess its horses for courses, but I still plan to get a sele one day, just need to find a £150 one :)

There's enough of them about now.

I'm sure they do, want to swap one for a 156 JTD :)

When the Selespeed works properly it's awesome.

Really comes into it's own on twisty mountain roads.

I didn't like it much at first but for really fast driving it makes sense, now i reckon it's great.

When working really hard the shifts are just beautiful.

Works best when your really fanging it!

This is interesting! I was just lamenting elsewhere at how slow my 156 selespeed is at changing gear - much slower than when I'm in my manual gearbox 147. Now you are telling me that selespeed is awesome, and Smaky says, so I have to believe, that the selespeed changes quicker than any manual...! How I wish that to be true, and then I need to wish for someone to tell me how to achieve that on my selespeed. There are probably less than 4 or 5 Alfa Romeos in the whole of Rwanda (I've only seen one, other than my two), so finding a garage that knows squat about our cars - highly unlikely!

If Smaky, or anyone, can tell me what to look for/how to test/diagnostic codes etc. I would be most grateful!

Done some more research - it seems early selespeeds became much improved on later models (mine is a 1999/2000 car), and someone also said that new software can be installed...that sounds very interesting too! Where can I get this software upgrade, and how is it done?