Sign in to follow this  
D22DJ

Selespeed On The Morning

Hello from Bulgaria, I have the following question:

morning when the driver's door is open, should run pump Selespeed, for a few seconds. But I do not think this is happening. Where to look for the problem?

Diagnostics, it appears that the ECU of the Selespeed, sees that the door is open.

thank you

regards

I would say the pump motor is worn out, easiest way to prove this is to apply 12V directly to the pump plug which is just under the inner wing cover next to the battery, it has red and black wires and if the pump runs then it may just be about to fail properly, but that still wouldn't rule out the relay or fuse.

The pump was repaired, because the coil inside was burned. But before the repair was never included in the morning when you open the door. Spray relay with contact spray but no change in the morning. Could still be a relay problem? Is there a fuse I can check, just for this feature?

thank you

There is a main fuse on the battery terminal, but also remember if the system is already storing enough pressure then the pump will not prime.

You mean the evening when the car is off by too much pressure in the system in the morning does not pump embed opening the door because the ECU is remembered that parameter? Or that tomorrow is real pressure accumulator?

I ask because my accumulator is quite old, and test to include gear pump always starts on the second switch.

Thank you

I apologize for my bad English. What do you mean by saying: "if the system is already storing enough pressure then the pump will not prime"

When you open the door, if the pressure sensor on the atuator is reading >39 BAR then the system will not need to run the pump.

yes, and I got it. But I meant that my accumulator is an original - 290,000 km., the pump always operates after two gear changes. I do not think that has kept the morning 39BAR. Unfortunately I have not battery in a laptop to check it, out at this point.

Thanks anyway for individual assistance. :Four Leaf Clover:

If the accumulator is that old then it may be worth replacing, but I wouldn't just because it only does 2 changes and then primes , I would want to get it on the laptop and check the pressure drop, but you could just make the system prime then time how long it takes to prime again any less than 5 minutes and no signs of fluid loss then I would be tempted to replace the accumulator.