Sign in to follow this  
Daffo

Another Oil Leak...

From the rocker cover seal - left hand side this time...

I swear that I'm going to wrap this bastard car around a lamp post if she doesn't stop pissing me about... :Frustrated:

God can't help you now. God hates Alfa drivers.

And he REALLY hates Smaky. It's nothing to do with Alfas, it's just cos he's a bastard.

Ps, sounds like you need a new rocker cover gasket and the correct tightening sequence/torque figures.

God can't help you now. God hates Alfa drivers.

And he REALLY hates Smaky. It's nothing to do with Alfas, it's just cos he's a bastard.

:Big Grin: :Big Grin: :Big Grin:

Ps, sounds like you need a new rocker cover gasket and the correct tightening sequence/torque figures.

Quite so Munks... No time off until 28th August. It'll have to wait until then. Fucking car...

Hard to argue with preventative measures. A close eye on the warning lights and a can of oil in the boot should hold things off.

A few water bottles can't help either.

Then smaky will come and tell you I'm a.moron and what's actually wrong and everyone's a winner.

Well Alex, the crack in the cover seems to be fine. It's the other side now - the LH side as you look at the bugger.

Got a 5 litre bottle in the boot and I check it every second day. It loses anywhere between 0.5 and 0.75 of a litre in that time!!!

Hard to argue with preventative measures. A close eye on the warning lights and a can of oil in the boot should hold things off.

A few water bottles can't help either.

Then smaky will come and tell you I'm a.moron and what's actually wrong and everyone's a winner.

:Drooling: :Drooling: :Drooling: I'm on it!