Sign in to follow this  
milowokie

Tempo Di Dire Addio

Having been sat on my drive for nearly twelve months, I've decided it's time to say goodbye to my 156 V6.

I've had it for five years, and since my Father died, I've not been in it. I bought a SAAB 9-5 Aero this time last year and since then only ran the ALFA up to temp a couple of times a month.

It's a 156 V6 in Silver on a W (00) plate. The L90 plate is now on my Aero.

Sportpack 3, sunroof and acc, lowered suspension, and embossed Momo leather (blue).

I've fitted a bootlid with the big wing, but have the original as a spare so you can swap it back if you'd prefer.

Genuine 17" ALFA wheels (but have 4 16" Teledials to go with it).

GTA style headlamps, but again the originals come with the car if you want to change them back.

Autodelta carbon intake kit with autodelta air filter.

Was in very good condition when I was running it everyday, has a smidge over 88, 000 miles on the clock, I had the big (£800) cambelt and waterpump service done at 80,000.

Both front top wishbones replaced shorty thereafter too.

As it's been stood, it will need tax (currently SORN) and MOT. I would recommend a fluids/filter and plugs service too. There will be some things that will be either loose that should be tight and tight that should be loose. Kept in gear with the handbrake off though.

I'm loathed to see it go, but as I'm not using it and have a 9000 Carlsson as a project car it has to be gone.

First to turn up with a trailer and £500 quid can take it away.

At it's last AONW meeting at Rivington Barn;

Rivington%20Profile.jpg

Rivington%20Barn.jpg

The Cloverleaf Club Oulton Park Track Day;

OultonparkTrackday15-7-2010134.jpg

Front Seats;

7%20Drivers%20seat.jpg

Intake Pipes;

DSC00066.JPG

Edited by milowokie

It's a lot of engine and gearbox for £500. (pulled 190hp on it's last rolling road trip to Padiham)

Don't have the heart/inclination to MOT it, too many memories in the passenger seat, so cheap as chips for someone.

Edited by milowokie

Tempting, looks to be a spanking example.

But my plans wouldn't be right for that car. It needs someone who'll love it, not abuse it.

All these tempting cars for sale, unfortunately I'm a few months, hopefully, away from being able to take any those offered.

Once my house is sold and I have a decent driveway I shall be adding to my current pair.

What a corker for £500 tempted just to buy to use on a track but with the Gta due it's Cambelt and bits to sort on the Gtv her in doors would kill me, but then if I hid it somewhere she wouldn't know

You can hide it at mine if you want... I'll look after it :whistle:

Forgot to add,

both front top wishbones have been replaced a couple of MOTs (about 10k) ago.

So that's big cambelt service and wishbones (the usual failings on the 156) done.

Clean, tidy, light service and lubes, and should be ready for another five or more years for the new owner.

Edited by milowokie

*cry*

I want this sooo badly.

1) Can't get insurance - not a problem, Harry can have it and I'll just listen to the noise.

2) I don't even have £500 spare for at least a month :(

3) Those wheels...what are they??? :Drooling:

Hell, the leather, spare wheels, boot lid and headlights is a reasonable deal for £500.

Milo...do you by any chance have any need for either a 1.8L twinny 156 with a rotten exhaust or a 1.6L twinny 147? :)

Provisionally, SOLD, but if they don'' come and collect next weekend (which seems unlikely), you'll all get another chance.

Hope it's going to a good home. Cambrudge isn't far from me, so I'll keep an eye out fotlr it on the road :thumbs: