Kev Bassett

Someone Slap Me

What's the point of a diesel convertible? Saw a jtdm spider the other day also a Audi A4 convertible!!! Why do people like to listen to a bag of spanners being thrown around.

I tell you what I will do........ For being such an arsehole about crappy shitty diesels I will make a recording of the GTA going through a tunnel and going through the gears and burn some CDs for you to play while driving around in your tractors. See I can be nice :D

Bah, just wait for the twin turbo 2.0 JTDm that they are fitting to the Insignia VXR, no doubt will be fitted to the new Gulia...

Giulia will have it's own engine range...or rather, Alfa will by the time the Giulia comes out.

Sergio has spoken, and apparently no more Fiat engines with Alfa badges.

If you do serious mileages, then a DERV will pay dividends.

I have a 100 mile-a-day commute, which I do in a diesel car that returns 60mpg when I'm not paying attention to fuel economy, and 70mpg when driving like a vicar transporting Fabergé eggs over Belgian pavé.

A small-capacity petrol engine makes bugger-all sense for me, as all my miles are on the motorway, where a piss-weak petrol engine suffers on the hills.

i got to wales and back today on a full tank of petrol :thumbs:

270 mile 'ish' round trip and i wasnt driving to save it either :)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^i like that post^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

petrols are the best period

Guest Tony156

Proves a point!!! diesels are shit and slow that even scooters are slip streaming them

Diesel drivers should be shot, revived, run over, shot and then made to listen to Lady Gaga *(I use the term loosely)* songs, until their ears bleed.....

End of!

right lets put this crap to bed

12yr old alfa 2.0 GTV with sports cat and near dam it straight through exhaust, boot full of stuff(not a big boot granted) but had my sarnies in it, full tank of juice, 2 adults (me on the larger side) and 2 kids did 180miles in it today give or take a few miles and only used quarter of a tank!!!!!!!!!!!!

BOOM

Eat that (with a garnish of parsley) devil fuel drivers

I was only getting 40mpg(ish) from a 1.2 petrol Fiat 500, recently.

In fairness, it was mainly because I spent all my time wringing its neck to extract even a modicum of performance. :LOL:

PS: For those who think I'm a devil-fuel lover, if I didn't have a 100-mile daily commute, I'd be driving something with lots of cylinders that runs on petrol... Like I used to. :cry:

well I have a new car after being single.... just need someone to jump my pole now...

anyway I purchased a Fiat Marea 2.4 JTD 130 HLX Weekend, pics to be posted asap.

she needs some work like new flywheel (£425 EACH) and has a notchy 2nd gear and front suspension needs looking into.

But apart from that she does 53mpg and puts other cars to shame.

and the sound of the 5 pot JTD when on full power... drools

• Like 1

The 5 pot sounds OK, but I can't wait to get back in my V6 :)

well I have a new car after being single.... just need someone to jump my pole now...

BDSM Pole vaulter?

Oh and I forgot to add I always run out if diesel but never run out if petrol that's how shit it is