Alfa156Melb

Gone German....

Just bought a '99 C200 Merc (Elegance) for the other half.. She and a cow collided in the last car which significantly shortened it.

It's in immaculate condition with only 70,000kms on it... I prefer my Alfa, but I gotta say, it's so comfortable and smooth.. and I don't have the constant pucker feeling that the car's about to blow up.. which is boring.

I'll post a pic soon..

Is there anything we should look out for on these cars?

You don't think it's gonna blow up? Well I went to London at the weekend. It's a round trip of about 80 miles from where I live. EVERY car I saw broken down was a Merc. Just sayin' ::whistle:

Well I don't know if they have the same ad over there, but the old VW ad used to be "If only everything was as reliable as a VW". See a lot of them broken down, too!

And yet, despite their reputation, you hardly ever see an Alfa on the side of the road ...

That's because when they break, they don't leave the drive :LOL:

:LOL: or they leave you stranded in a service station car park :LOL:

Well I don't know if they have the same ad over there, but the old VW ad used to be "If only everything was as reliable as a VW". See a lot of them broken down, too!

And yet, despite their reputation, you hardly ever see an Alfa on the side of the road ...

Affraid I did cause an embarrassing moment last week...which left me on the side of the M4, but Ihave since found that the fuel guage is hanging at 1/4 no matter how low it is, no problem now though as that guage is GONE!!!