MrsAlfa

147 Wanted

Anyone wanting to sell one? My daughter's boyfriend is in the market, and thought I'd ask ....

Must be in reasonable condition, SH, etc, not too expensive ... :D

Does it matter what sort of 147?

Ive got 1 im selling :D

I'm sure he'd love it, but a), he hasn't got that sort of budget, and B) he can't afford the insurance!

But thanks for the thought! ;)

I think he's looking for a 1.6, tbh.

There's a small chance I might have a Sillyspeed for sale in about a month or two. 2002, 3dr, 32k miles, one careful lady owner (my Ma), FARSH, refurbed sele pump. Downside is a small dent in the rear arch (just above the bumper) which was my Da's fault - parking never was his strong point. :facepalm:

I say it might be for sale, as I was going to buy it off my Dad as he doesn't use it (Mum passed away), but it would mean selling my Mk2 Golf. Sacrilege to express such views on here I know, but I'm having 2nd thoughts as I've spent a great number of hours and pounds getting Womble (she's from Wimbledon and is tidy :facepalm: ) just so, and can't quite bring myself to sell her yet. :Confused:

I'm sure he'd love it, but a), he hasn't got that sort of budget, and B) he can't afford the insurance!

But thanks for the thought! ;)

I think he's looking for a 1.6, tbh.

:cool: i still miss my 1.6, depending on insurance it 'may' be worth looking at 2l 147's? I think the tax is the same (not much cheaper than a GTA) so might aswell get the most from it :LOL:. I spoke to my neighbour a few days ago & he mentioned that he might sell his 147 ti (silver but looks really nice) as for what they pay out on it in insurance/tax etc they dont use it enough. Think he said about 3-5000 miles in 2 or 3 years since they've had it so if/when i see him next i can always ask again :thumbs:

Well I think his MAX budget is about £1450, so depending on age/condition/etc

Nope. And he's gone for the 1.6 because he's only 22 and it's cheaper on the insurance.

Helen try John or Colin at simplyalfas.co.uk they have a 147 1.6 there for sale about what he wants to spend give em a ring

I can pop up tomoz and have a mooch for you

Sounds good, Smiffy - just had a look at it, looks quite tidy - not sure about exactly how much he will have to spend, but if you are in the area and you have time, we'd appreciate it.

no probs got day off will give me something to do :thumbs:

Oh that's cool! He won't have the dosh until the end of next month, but he could put down a deposit. Not sure if he would want to pay the full asking price though.

Haha too right! That's why they make the price more than they want, so they can drop it ... :facepalm::LOL:

They have all been sold helen, sold them this week but he will keep an eye out and will give me a buzz when he has one :thumbs:

Well I think his MAX budget is about £1450, so depending on age/condition/etc

I'll pick 1 up and sort it then split the difference with you.

If you come across one, let me know, Smaky. I'll have to run it by my daughter's boyfriend first!

He's found lower mileage ones than that for less money!

But thanks, anyway.

Tell him to buy gaz's cloverleaf instead.

Retro is in atm :cool: and you'll struggle to find a better one than his.

Probably be easier on insurance as well as its old enough for a classic policy, if he's old enough too. (some say 21, some 25)