Sign in to follow this  
anzl

156 manual gearbox to selespeed car

Hi,

I want to put the manual gearbox in a car which had a selespeed gearbox. I was searching on the internet and from what I found I think that it should work, without changing the eletrical instalation. Has anybody already done this? I am aware of the gearbox fault light, but this doesn't bother me. As I understand the selespeed computer operates the engine starting, and the gear changing. That means, that I should just brick the engine start realy on selespeed computer. Will it work?

I'm sorry if my english is bad :)

Does it matter?

and still without any answers :rolleyes:

Because I got the chasis in wich was selespeed, but it doesn't work + I bought that car without engine and gearbox. I bought one 156 (manual gearbox) before but the chasis is all rusty, engine is ok. Well now I have to put the engine and gearbox to chasis in wich was selespeed (rustfree)

You need, Engine ECU, code box, key chips, manual box, center tunnel frame, gear stick box and gaitor, cables, rev counter, bridge the Sele start enable relay holder and 2 days, BUT what is wrong with the sele?

I think he meant the car WAS a Selespeed, but he bought it as a shell minus the engine and gearbox, so he needs to transplant into it the engine and gearbox from a manual 156 donor.

I think that too, it's a lot of work when you could sell all those bits and buy a running manual for less.

You need, Engine ECU, code box, key chips, manual box, center tunnel frame, gear stick box and gaitor, cables, rev counter, bridge the Sele start enable relay holder and 2 days, BUT what is wrong with the sele?

Than it is like I though. Thanks. Where I find the code box? And the Sele start enable relay?

I think he meant the car WAS a Selespeed, but he bought it as a shell minus the engine and gearbox, so he needs to transplant into it the engine and gearbox from a manual 156 donor.

This is the reason why, yup :)

Code box is behind the dashboard above the fuse box and the relay is next to the seles ECU in the footwell.