twisted_pr

How did your bella do? General tips?

My mates selespeed GTA is over £400 because it was registered in 07, same car as any other GTA but because they go by when it was registered its double :tut:

I'm lucky with my 166 it just old enough to be in the lowest bracket :)

One of the reasons I kept the 164 3.0 24v (£126 ish 147 2.0 £154 6 months) ?.??

I think my 166 would be better if it were a 3.0 the 2.5 lacks torque and needs to be revved hard to make it go anywhere. :(

I think the 2.5 is a false economy from that point of view don't quite understand it.

Not knocking your car by the way.

I had a 156 v6 and the 164 at the same time for a while thinking of changing to a more modern car but although the 156 was quicker it just did not have that long smooth power and torque.

Whilst the 156 was a more than competent car I kept the 164 instead . I now have a 2.0 147 and still cannot bear the thought of getting rid of the 164.

Have thought many times about a 166 3.0 but think I just prefer the old school feel of the 164.

Just a question of finding the parts and cash to keep her going, hence the 147.

I'm the first to knock my engine for its lack of torque, it doesn't suit a 166, probably works fine in a lighter car, the 166 is a comfy cruiser not a revvy sport car.

Considering the paint work issues on my 166 and the cost of sorting that out, I may be better of running it for now whilst keeping my eyes open for a 3.0. I would want full electric memory seat and cruise control as a minimum. There's a 3.0 sportronic on one of my rounds at work, I might knock their door and see if they want to sell it.

Yeah I would like a manual but one silly thing I can't seem to find that I really miss is a sunroof. Not the same as air/con both have there own place to my mind. Think I also prefer the light interior beige or l/grey think it feels better and picks the interior styling out nicely.

Still we live and dream. I know there is one its just having the money and car at the same time :)

• Like 1

The one I see when working has a sunroof.

Mine has the grey leather interior. :)

In for some work today after failing on Friday,

Just a CV boot and both steering rack boots,

Happy enough with that, advisory on the back box being a bit rusty,

Had both keys re set as well as they were intermittent.

Next is service, belt & waterpunp, probably October time

156 sele SW, 18 months laid up - failed, washer jet insuficient flow, no cautions.

156 JTS - Pass, No advisories

Both cars 12 years old, and a blast with the airline sorted the washers.

Who sorted them for you before the test ? :teehee:

156 sele SW, 18 months laid up - failed, washer jet insuficient flow, no cautions.

156 JTS - Pass, No advisories

Both cars 12 years old, and a blast with the airline sorted the washers.

Can't believe you missed the washer jets . Tut tut :)

Truth be told I changed a wiprper motor and fluid bottle pump and blades took it for the mot with no water in it . Doh.

Another Alfa passes without advisories.

Thanks to Mr Smaky and not forgetting the usual wallet lightning that is vehicle excise duty.

Just went to re-tax mine (£105 for the year), only to be stopped by the website saying I need an MOT. First one coming up - booked in for 23rd.

On a car so new you should only have to worry about lights, wipers and tyres. Anything else then don't let them touch it.

Tyres: All OK (winter ones will be going back on soon)

Wipers: All OK

Lights... Well, I have beam deflectors fitted to the headlights since I do a fair bit of driving in Europe. Also, I had seen a thread about a lever to switch the lights over from UK to EU, and I think I moved it for the driver's side one, but not the passenger side. But when I asked a mechanic about it, he said that wasn't too important. He will either be doing the MOT or taking to the MOT centre for me, either way I think he will try make sure the beam deflectors, etc don't affect the result.

It passed!

(must be one of the first Giuliettas to have an MOT)

Told ya what to make good and thre you go, sailed through.