twisted_pr

How did your bella do? General tips?

Keep your fingers crossed for me the 164 is in for the mot this morning could do with it not being too serious ;)

Well considering I wasn't expecting a good result having not looked at it for the last couple of months .

It failed on misted headlamp which I knew about , split steering gaitor , and poor adjustment ( aim too high ) on the other headlight and advisory for slight weep from the power steering but minor and slight corrosion to a brake pipe .

So not too bad for a 20 year old car .

Least it looks like I can keep it on the road a while longer.

:yay: not too bad then.

Shame whoever did the MOT on my 166 didn't put "check all nuts are present" on the check list :(

Shame whoever did the MOT on my 166 didn't put "check all nuts are present" on the check list :(

Or "Ensure roll cage fitted" :Tounge:

• Like 1

:LOL:

Fortunately the middle bit where I was sat survived intact, the drivers side doors weren't even touched, I can't work out how the car ended up facing the opposite way on its passenger side without touching the drivers side or roof :Confused:

Yeah to be honest that's one of the reasons I try and do as much myself as I can.

I may joke about having bolt left over but I do my mates head in when he helps me spend 2 hours doing a job and another hour checking I haven't forgotten anything . I'm a bit paranoid like that.

I know what you mean, I will do what I can myself and if its beyond my knowledge/skills I will turn to Smaky.

My 156 has started to make a noise when I'm turning right, I'm suspecting CV joint.

If you you put it on full lock and drive round then change to the opposite lock you should be able to tell which side it is this is also a good tip to use if buying a car to check the same.

Another good one is if you try and pull away in seconds gear with the hand brake on the car should stall if it doesn't the chances are the clutch is slipping ;)

Had the front up this morning and everything seemed ok, did have a slight leak on the O/S CV boot, it was one of the split type, I glued the hole and filled it with grease as a precaution but it seemed fine.

I'm now suspecting a rear wheel bearing the O/S rear seems to be slighty warmer than the N/S after a few miles.

It's only as I turn right and not every time so early days yet, will get the rear up in the air during the week to investigate further.

Are the rear wheel bearing integral with the discs?

No they are separate . You could try and tighten it a little I but it must still roll freely !

Normally if it will tighten there is a good chance it is worn unless it wasn't fitted properly but unlikely,

The cars on 190,000 miles so there's an outside chance its at the end of its life :LOL:

Will give it a go with the tightening :thumbs:

Forgot to mention. Straight through with same advisories as last year. Other than the rear silencer, which I'd had replaced with a stainless cat back for £200 less than Alfa wanted for an Oem silencer. I asked for as close to standard as possible and I reckon they did well:

e7umezyv.jpg

That looks pretty good :thumbs:

Ps. Need more pics of that there GTA :D i love that colour :). Blue & Grey are my favourite colours on GTA's :cool:

:cool: i like that a lot :thumbs: i prefer the teledials too, the GT multispokes look good but the GTA teledials are better on a GTA :thumbs:

My 156 had its MOT today, failed on headlights aim, number plate light gone and the usual suspension problem :(

Will cost £280 all in, which is about the same as every year. :)

On the plus side my knackered battery turned out to be a corroded earth terminal and the battery is fine. :yay:

Hopefully the Megane will be sold next month to a friend of Kathy's, if not its off the to auctions with it. my drive will be back to all Italian vehicles :)