Sign in to follow this  
MrsAlfa

What car did you learn to drive in?

I think, I passed my test in a Hyundai pony. :LOL:

Do I win a prize for the shittiest car :facepalm:

Wow, that really is utterly shit. :o

I wonder if Hyundai understood the irony of calling such a bad car "Pony". :LOL:

There's a hidden story there ...

There's a lot of stories there :LOL: catch me in private when i'm drunk one day and i'll tell a few.

My instructors car: 06 plate Yaris.

My Mum's car (drove it quite a few times while learning): 51 plate Ford Focus Estate 1.8 Diesel

My bosses car that he was using at the time: 59 plate Audi A4 Avant 2L Petrol...and he crashed it, not me (facepalm)

There's a hidden story there ...

There's a lot of stories there :LOL: catch me in private when i'm drunk one day and i'll tell a few.

quoted for posterity (and blackmail ... ) :teehee:

Started learning to drive late on to be honest in a mk3 cavalier.Then after the cavalier i went out and bought a calibra.Cool looking car at the time...but a crock of shit to drive.

I always liked the Calibra, but i was brought up with nothing but Vauxhall as thats all my Dad would drive until he bought a Merc. Which he never did. Now he has a Jaaaaaag

Nah :LOL:

When I said Jaaaaag, what I meant was a Mondeo with a Jaaaaag badge on it. The X type :D

When I said Jaaaaag, what I meant was a Mondeo with a Jaaaaag badge on it. The X type :D

I drove a top-spec., mint condition X-Type 3.0, back-to-back with a Mondeo TDCi a while ago (it was just by chance - my mate with the Jag had consumed too much beer, so I drove it, and I had a Mondeo as a hire car at the time).

Whilst I was roundly impressed with the Mondeo, the Jag left me a bit underwhelmed. :rolleyes: Many years ago, I owned a 1988 Jaguar XJ6 (XJ40), and I think I was expecting to re-live some of the good old days. *goes all misty-eyed* I was to be disappointed on that score. :(

I think the X-Type's biggest problem is that it drives like "a car". A Jaguar shouldn't drive like "a car". :tut: it should drive like a Jaaaaaaag. :cool:

I've not been lucky enough to pilot either the new XF or XJ, but I am reliably informed both drive like proper Jaaaaaaaags, not generic "cars". :yay:

I sort of agree there mate. Granted the only Mondeo I have ever driven was the ST24 of whatever vintage, I am unsure exactly, think it was a 1999 model. It was actually a good car to drive, nothing special I admit but it certainly wasn't bad. Not Vectra bad anyway :LOL:

Driving my dad's X type is nothing different, it is just a car really. Yet somehow, because it has that badge on it, you expect it to be so much better and it just isn't. Maybe expect is the wrong terminology, 'want' might be better. You want it to be better and because it isn't, it leaves you underwhelmed as you say

Still a nice enough motor though :thumbs:

Still a nice enough motor though :thumbs:

Absolutely. As long as you view it as a top-spec. Mondeo, not as an entry-level Jag. :LOL:

I know that those Jag's aren't proper Jaaaaaaag's...but...what's wrong with a Mondeo? As cars, they're nice enough to drive.

Sheer quantity. Salesman's cars. Nuff said. :facepalm:

I know that those Jag's aren't proper Jaaaaaaag's...but...what's wrong with a Mondeo? As cars, they're nice enough to drive.

Er, there's nothing wrong with Mondeos. :Confused: I've owned plenty and driven even more (all the way from Mk1 to current shape). I liked all of them*. :thumbs:

* With the dishonourable exception of a pre-TDCi turbo diesel Mk2, which was as shit as shit gets. Awful, AWFUL engine. Avoid anything badged TDi or TDDi - they are wanky old crapola. Later TDCi models are waaaaaay nicer.