Sign in to follow this  
Morgan

The "temptingly cheap" cars thread

What he said!

I've not been in this thread much at all... in fact reading sphinxs post was my first venture.

If that's the level of temptation, I don't think I'll be back!

A primera GT, fair play. Even an Almera GTi... but a bog standard 1.4... really??!

edit> perhaps if it was £25 buy it now on ebay... and I was very drunk...

Hold on, mate... You're tempted by a Nissan Almera 1.4? :Confused:

A Nissan Pulsar N14 GTi-R, I could understand. A Nissan Primera P10 eGT, I could understand. A Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R, I could understand. At a push, the Nissan Almera N15 GTi.

But a frigging Almera 1.4?!?!? :o Have you lost the plot, son? :crazy:

:LOL:

That motor's "temptingly cheap" for a reason... It's SHITE.

It's 250 quid. It's actually cheap in insurance. When I say I'm tempted, I'm tempted because both car and insurance are affordable...and there's sooooo much stuff I would do to it.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using Tapatalk

burn it

dump it in the sea

rip it apart with a jcb

crush it

that sort of thing? :Confused:

for a moment there i thought you'd say that you would keep it....

But munky...I've seen the potential of an Almera...and if done right, they can be rather nice machines :)

yes, if done right, they can look like an almera gti.

But munky...I've seen the potential of an Almera...and if done right, they can be rather nice machines :)

yes, if done right, they can look like an almera gti.

I've got an idea...

BUY A FUCKING ALMERA GTI! :rolleyes:

Get a grip, Sphinx. :LOL:

But I can't be tempted by any cars on this thread...mainly because the car might be cheap, but there's no way in hell I can legally get behind the wheel...£250 for a cheap to insure Almera that I KNOW Harry has parts hanging about for, I am honestly tempted to jack the Audi in and buy it...

But I can't be tempted by any cars on this thread...mainly because the car might be cheap, but there's no way in hell I can legally get behind the wheel...£250 for a cheap to insure Almera that I KNOW Harry has parts hanging about for, I am honestly tempted to jack the Audi in and buy it...

I'd have an Audi A4 1.9 TDi over an Almera 1.4 petrol any day of the week.

Oh, Sphinx. :nonono:

I'd have an Audi A4 1.9 TDi over an Almera 1.4 petrol any day of the week.

Oh, Sphinx. :nonono:

To be fair, once I'm finished with this Audi, I'd probably keep it over an Almera GTI...

To be fair, once I'm finished with this Audi, I'd probably keep it over an Almera GTI...

That's more like it, lad. :cool:

I love the Series III Jag 4.2 and the 164 Twinny you found, LJ. :thumbs:

Secondhand values of such barges is probably the only decent side-effect of high petrol prices. :rolleyes:

The eagle eyed people out there may have noticed im scanning pistonheads at the moment :LOL:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3581775.htm

I quite like this one .... :facepalm:

Nothing wrong with liking that, MrsA (it's a proper looker, in fairness). My only problem with it is that it looks a lot faster than it actually is.

The non-turbo 3S-GE 2.0 16v engine, as installed in the T180 (MkV) Celica never really capitalised on the "fast" looks of the car itself.

In full rally guise, the difference between perceived performance and actual performance is bound to be even more of a let-down. :rolleyes:

Having said that, it's ripe for a 3S-GTE turbo conversion. :thumbs:

I'm really not a fast driver, so it doesn't really matter how fast it can go (as long as it will do 80/90 on the motorway!)

I'm really not a fast driver, so it doesn't really matter how fast it can go (as long as it will do 80/90 on the motorway!)

It'll certainly do that. :thumbs:

I'm far more keen on cars that go faster than they look. "Q cars", if you will. :whistle:

Have a look at this:

http://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/p ... _1_2128201

Good news if you're in the market for a secondhand luxo-barge, bad news if you're trying to sell one.

PS: That Rover 75 V6 Auto you spotted looks bang-tidy for £970, Sphinx. :thumbs: