Sign in to follow this  
djck

156 2.5 V6 24v 2003 needs some TLC, Help!

Hi All,

I've just joined your friendly Forum and I have some teccy questions and problems I hope you may be able to advise me on....

Got a V6 cheaply to replace my TS and spent a bomb getting the essentials fixed.

Now there's a long list of lesser things that I thought I'd try and fix myself, any advice, help or suggestions would be gratefully received.

I've got to replace a broken aircon pipe, part no 60666986, run outa dosh to get it fixed at £180. Is it a big deal or fairly straight forward and where is the best place to source one, as yet I don't even know what they look like.

That's job no 1, as Veloces will re-charge the system for free, if I get a move on, nice guys!

Front suspension to follow and water in the cabin too.

I'm also looking for an undertray, mine's gone!

Any advice on fixing an intermittent fault, stops midway, on the wiper motor.

The list goes on but that's enough to start with 'sept I'm trying to rig up my iPhone to work through the HU without spending much!!! :D

Thanks DJCK

Welcome fella.

The wiper fault is a common one. Simplest fix is a new motor. £40 ish second hand and a ten minute job to replace.

Not so sure on the rest but i'm sure someone else will be along soon to help. :thumbs:

My spider does the wiper thing sometimes.

Hubby cleans the gears out and it works again for quite a while :D

Don't ask me how he does it though :$

Hi All,

I've just joined your friendly Forum and I have some teccy questions and problems I hope you may be able to advise me on....

Got a V6 cheaply to replace my TS and spent a bomb getting the essentials fixed.

Now there's a long list of lesser things that I thought I'd try and fix myself, any advice, help or suggestions would be gratefully received.

I've got to replace a broken aircon pipe, part no 60666986, run outa dosh to get it fixed at £180. Is it a big deal or fairly straight forward and where is the best place to source one, as yet I don't even know what they look like.

That's job no 1, as Veloces will re-charge the system for free, if I get a move on, nice guys!

Remove the old pipe and take it somewhere like Pirtek who will be able to knock you one up to pattern for very little.

Front suspension to follow and water in the cabin too.

Front suspension is childsplay but the water will either be a loose door or window, it's rare for the heater matrixs to split on these, but it could be condensation off the A/C bits.

I'm also looking for an undertray, mine's gone!

Don't bother.

Any advice on fixing an intermittent fault, stops midway, on the wiper motor.

Remove the motor and clean the contacts, if that doesn't resolve it then you'll need to replace the whole mechanism.

The list goes on but that's enough to start with 'sept I'm trying to rig up my iPhone to work through the HU without spending much!!! :D

Thanks DJCK

You'll need either a PARROT system or replace the HU with a decent one that has bluetooth built in.