Sign in to follow this  
peter2

pump relay?

No luck there either. Hydraulic pressure is consistent now between 45 and 55 and pump always kicks in but it still stalls after half an hour.

MAF is showing 2kg/hr and doesn't change even if I rev it up. Can remember the air intake but it was near 200. Anyone know what the MAF rate should be under idle? 2kg/hr seems very low,

MAF reading should be nearer 14, so there is one thing which is out, but time and temp related stalling could be a crank sensor.

Thanks Smaky, I'll check the MAF first as it was replaced just a few months back. Might just give it a clean with isopropyl alcohol and check for any signs of leaks in the air intake.

If it comes to it, how much work is involved in replacing the crankshaft sensor? I had an error code with that come up, but only once and it's not come back since. From what I've been able to glean elsewhere it's a fiddly job and I'm not even sure where exactly it is. Somewhere 'round the back' is all I've been able to find out.

The crank sensor is underneath the starter on the back of the engine, it takes around 15 minutes to change when you know exactly where it is by touch.

Success finally!

It was the crank sensor after all. Not as hard to change as I feared. Had the car running over an hour without any problems.

Thanks for all your help and advice smacky. Learned a lot and am at one with my spanners now ;-)