xyy81t

Selespeed question

Srart engine, stop engine, tun key to MAR, select 2nd gear, foot on brake and start engine, select 2nd, accelerate foot to floor until you reach 3000rpm then bring car to halt, stop engine, done.

Well that worked but only for a day, surely i shouldn't have to do that every morning?

Srart engine, stop engine, tun key to MAR, select 2nd gear, foot on brake and start engine, select 2nd, accelerate foot to floor until you reach 3000rpm then bring car to halt, stop engine, done.

Well that worked but only for a day, surely i shouldn't have to do that every morning?

You shouldn't but that has proved that the clutch sensor is either dirty/faulty or the clutch itself has worn out/damaged release bearing.

What's your location? I'm out and about tomorrow and if ocal enough then I could pop by and take a look.

You shouldn't but that has proved that the clutch sensor is either dirty/faulty or the clutch itself has worn out/damaged release bearing.

What's your location? I'm out and about tomorrow and if ocal enough then I could pop by and take a look.

I will be in Banbury but the Mrs may leave it at her work in Cowley overnight (she uses her work van quite alot to save on the petrol commute, If you are near Banbury i'll get her to bring it home.

i have plenty of spare sensors, how do you test for a dirty one? they are sealed i think from memory?

You connect it to an ohmeter and turn the center slowly watching for flat spots whilst also checking it goes from 2.2Kohms to 0 as you sweep.

Also were you in the pedestrian yellow 145 cloverleaf on the A417 heading north towards Gloucester on tuesday afternoon being passed by the silver 156 sele and trailer??? :teehee:

You connect it to an ohmeter and turn the center slowly watching for flat spots whilst also checking it goes from 2.2Kohms to 0 as you sweep.

Also were you in the pedestrian yellow 145 cloverleaf on the A417 heading north towards Gloucester on tuesday afternoon being passed by the silver 156 sele and trailer??? :teehee:

Nope, wasn't me! The 147 hasn't been back from cowley yet, will test on its return on Saturday

thought i'd update this as its been a while. the 147 is driving perfectly no issues concerning gear changes at all! so the new accumulator seems to have been the problem..who knew! :whistle: still have a jerky clutch every morning though which i will at some point get onto :thumbs:

LOL, my first reply was on the money then.

yep, moral of the story.. never doubt the master :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

I'm having problems again :(

How long should an accumulator last? shes having difficulty finding gears again, i've changed the battery as the old one was not putting out strong enough voltage but this has not helped. I've run the EOL routine and the others before that but no improvement and she doesn't sound the same anymore and the EOL routine takes much longer to complete than it used to.

i think its proably gear-box related as I've never been able to solve the jerky in the morning problem, now its getting colder she seems to be giving up completely.

first thing in the morning she selects first and reverse fine but flashes in second, cant find 3rd or 5th (with the engine off)

once running its the same but improves once warmed up. Is there a guide of what to look for when overhauling a Selespeed actuator? i have the original in the shed and would like to refurb it if possible and rule out the Actuator completely.

One thing i haven't checked yet is the gear box oil level, but it always been clunky when selecting gears, not grinding just clunking.

Shes at 142k miles now so i think it might be time to get a younger model unless i can sort this.

I'm up thet way tomorrow evening If you'd like me to call by then just drop a PM

Smaky you are a true gent! - PM sent

XYY81t, some may disagree with me but as for your jerkiness first thing all I can say is -

MAF I SAY, MAF! MAF MAF MAF , MAF GODDAMMIT!

It is the simplest sensor to fault check. My S/Sped was doing a jack rabbit every morning down the street. Cleaned it with isopopal alchohol and problem solved.

When I have any problem related to sensors or anything electrical, its my first port of call

XYY81t, some may disagree with me but as for your jerkiness first thing all I can say is -

MAF I SAY, MAF! MAF MAF MAF , MAF GODDAMMIT!

It is the simplest sensor to fault check. My S/Sped was doing a jack rabbit every morning down the street. Cleaned it with isopopal alchohol and problem solved.

When I have any problem related to sensors or anything electrical, its my first port of call

Correct, but 4 months late. lol

Yes Smack,

I AM aware of the obsolescence of my post to XYY81t's situation, it was mainly for the benefit of those searching the posts looking for solutions to any similar problems. :Tounge: :im Not Worthy: :Big Grin:

Baz

• Like 1

I think I'll just say no to the MAF being the fault, mainly because I've never replaced MAF as part of Selespeed solution, but if it's causing running issues for the engine itself then that would drive the sele wild

Just out of curiosity, what WAS the cause of his cold morning jerkiness ??

Baz

Alcohol

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Oh yes many a time lol

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk