Sign in to follow this  
Vard66

Calling Oxfordshire/Wiltshire/Berkshire/Zummerzet members

Would any of you folks be interested in joining with a meet I sort out every three months or so for Rovertech?

Usually we will meet at the White Horse in Uffington, and go for a 'spirited drive' to Abingdon, finishing with a pub lunch in the Nag's Head.

However, the Nags' is now closed; or it was the last time we all landed there, so I shall be shaking up the format of the Uffington meets anyway, and figured it couldn't be a bad idea to extend the invite.

I'll be having a natter with the RT guys shortly, but input from the OX/SN/BA/RG guys from here would be appreciated also; suggestions of good pubs with big, long car parks, good roads, that sort of thing.

I'm thinking that in the summer time it might be a reasonable idea to make the trip from Uffington/somewhere in the surrounding area to The Black Horse, and then for BBQ at the local campsite, I intend to have a word with the owner - apparently he's usually happy to do very cheap deals when winter is approaching or receding, so it may definitely be an option.

Perhaps I misjudged?

Perhaps I imagined seeing a few members in the local and surrounding counties.

Am I in fact invisible?

Sweet. I'm invisible. I gotta try something.

I'd be up for this chris, as you know. En of spring would probably be the best idea so we can have plenty of time to finalse the details etc.

An overnighter at a campsite would hopefully bring in a bit of interest from the non local people too.

An overnighter at a campsite would hopefully bring in a bit of interest from the non local people too.

That's the theory Joe, yar. Might get a few down from the Midlands or even the North with the promise of booze and actual kip instead of a three hour drive back after the meet.

I'm potentially interested, might help sway my ingrained prejudice against Rovers, presumably it will be a weekend thing?

Woah!!! only just saw this one, the camping thing sounds good :thumbs:

if not might travel down for the day :cool:

I'd be up for something in the summer. Especially if it's a camp thing :D

and I can bring my Rover :yay:

screw you alfa drivers :LOL:

I'd be up for something in the summer. Especially if it's a camp thing :D

and I can bring my Rover :yay:

screw you alfa drivers :LOL:

:gay::teehee:

URGHHHHHH OXON!!! The home of 50mph A roads, I hate that county, it just presumes upon itself...Chipping Norton... go screw yourself.

Hell yeah I'd be there.

Maybe you could move the RT meet to join us in Swindomn?