Sign in to follow this  
bigjim

i'm addicted to cleaning cars

OCD ;)

Are you a detailer or just a cleaner? Those detailing chaps are scary!

well if you're passing my part of the county, i'd clean it.

you need to pay his insurance first :teehee:

OCD ;)

well. if you're going to do it, best do it properly. it is becoming an obsession.

Thread revival!

OCD ;)

well. if you're going to do it, best do it properly.

Indeed it is, but as I found it's a dangerously slippery slope into the murky (or should that be dazzlingly shiny?) world of detailing. You know, the one where you're setting the alarm for 5am to make sure you take full advantage of an overcast but dry day ahead, having spent the previous night fretting over whether after the pre-wash, wash, clay and deep cleanse, 5 coats of wax is really enough or should you just use the whole tub? :tut::$:whistle:

I once spent an entire Bank Hol w/end (yep, 3 whole days) and a stack of cash on overpriced detailing products, and couldn't see any discernible difference to my usual 2hr Autoglym effort. It was then that I came to my senses (via a swift self-administered punch to the gonads) and realised what a collosal waste of life and spondoolies it is (unless you're into showing rather than driving cars). :facepalm: Now the daily gets washed once every couple of weeks and likes it.

Thankfully I'm fully recovered now, but if anyone has any tips on the best brand of cotton bud to use on the inside of a chromed throttle body I'm all ears. :teehee:

I don't like cleaning cars; I just don't like em dirty either so I gotta clean it! Dayummm, are all those 156s yours Smaky? O_O That's quite a fleet!

And I thought I had a problem when I had three of the same model motorbike (Italian, of course). :teehee: Sold one, still have two of different engine sizes left :whistle:

Are they all his own cars, or are most of them forum members' Selespeeds in need of attention?

I don't like cleaning cars; I just don't like em dirty either so I gotta clean it! Dayummm, are all those 156s yours Smaky? O_O That's quite a fleet!

Nah, I only have 5 156s and a 146 atm, looking for another project 916 GTV/spider though

Well there are many other Alfa Romeos to choose from. On the other hand I do think having at least 2 156s is nice; kinda miss driving mine because it's still broken.

Yes, there are, it's true. Taking our GTA for it's MOT this afternoon. Let's hope it passes :facepalm:

I work on the side as a self employed car detailer do alot of work on the classic Porsches that dick Lovett occasionally has in his showroom in Bristol keeping a car as clean as it can be is a labour of love and I love doing it! But 5 156's lol I thought I had problems with 5 cars and 2 bikes lol

5 156s!! I know there can be no such thing as too many Italians, but why so many 156s?

He has issues... Don't go there :| some things are just best left alone...

Anyway, on the subject of the mentals...

I ♥ £1.99 express wash :hubba:

DSC_0031_Large.jpg

Mmmmmm swirly....