Sign in to follow this  
ChrisO

MOT time

Booked my SW in for it's MOT on Saturday - ARB bushes done and replaced the front tyres so hopefully should be okay to pass.

I think that the offside head light bulb is not in correct because the beam seems to be a bit high so I will have a look at that before it goes in.

Wish me luck

Good luck!!

I never panic come MOT time, it's about the only time in my life I don't :LOL:

Anyway, all the best, hope the SW passes :thumbs:

Booked my SW in for it's MOT on Saturday - ARB bushes done and replaced the front tyres so hopefully should be okay to pass.

ARB bushes should be replaced along with a new bar or they'll get chewed up in a few months.

Smaky that is what I was expecting but when we pulled it off there was no corrosion on the bar and the powder coating was intact just the rubber failling so I just fitted new bushes, when they go again (when not if) then I think that a new bar will be needed.

Smaky that is what I was expecting but when we pulled it off there was no corrosion on the bar and the powder coating was intact just the rubber failling so I just fitted new bushes, when they go again (when not if) then I think that a new bar will be needed.

Were they original ones from the cars build?

As far as I know yes - It is a late 2005 car which was under a company lease for it's first 3 years I got it in late 2008 and this was the first time that I needed to do anything to the suspension - I do have some paperwork from it's first three years which admittedly does not show very much just that it was serviced.