Sign in to follow this  
keithyboy

Keithyboy's car of the week

Dont get me wrong, i understand the car. As in i understand that it is basic motoring, a car made for driving and to be enjoyed. I just dont like it. Its a hideous thing

I didnt even like it when it came out in 87. And i was 4, mad keen on cars. For a supercar to fail the 4 year old car nut test, thats pretty bad

You know, I think i would too. And i hate Porsches

I appreciate the f40 for what it is, a pure drivers car. But the 959 near enough equaled it for speed, handling etc yet did it with carpets.

It was so far ahead of its time some of the kit it had is still thought of as 'new' now. Whereas the f40 just took a tried and tested method and did it well - 'add power, decrease weight'

This is one of those enjoyable cases where I can argue in detail the relative merits of two cars I have never even seen in real life before, let alone driven or (don't make me laugh) owned.

I agree with Munky, that the 959 was extremely accomplished technically, but unfortunately it's hideous looking. All massive fat arsed hanging out the rear uglyness.

The F40 is no E-type Jag in the looks department, but of the two function-over-form eighties ugly uber-cars, it would be my choice.

It's supercar week.

Ferrari-F40_1987_800x600_wallpaper_0f.jpg

I think I'm right in saying that this square in Milan is where the fireworks went off at the centenary?