Sign in to follow this  
jhc

www.rovertech.net

Inspired by the recent influx of members from rovertech, I'd like to firstly extend a warm welcome to them all. Its good to see a few old faces and catch up a bit :D I havent been there for a while and wont be going back, but I owe a lot to that place and have some very good friends, on and offline, from my time there. :D

Secondly, as I know we have a few closet rover fans and at least one closet rover owner (though he swears its actually a 3 series :facepalm: ) I'm happy to recommend anyone looking for info or help with their rover to head on over to -

RoverTech

It is an absolute goldmine of information and knowledge on all things rover related and has some very friendly and helpful folks signed up. I doubt you'll be able to ask anything about a rover that someone there won't know the answer to. :thumbs:

Just don't tell them I sent you, they'll lynch you! :|

I do :D

They told me it was because I'm special but I think it was just so people could spot my posts from a mile off and ignore them :LOL:

I wanted one on here but Waz wont let me :(

Please don't bust my 'it's a 3 series really' bubble :cry:

BMW had something to do with them though didn't they? at some point?

Please don't bust my 'it's a 3 series really' bubble :cry:

BMW had something to do with them though didn't they? at some point?

On a 45 ... no, same floor pad dateing back to the R8 200/400, then the RT 400, then 45 lol, the engine is pure Rover be it K series or L series, the only bits i can think of in the 45 that are BMW would be the coolant temp sensor and perhaps the camshaft sensor... thats about it :thumbs:

BOOOM... headshot!

:popcorn:

Fuck off

Anyway did you see? BMW coolant sensor :D That'll do for me :D

Told you it was a 3 series :LOL:

My hubby had a 45 :facepalm: it was actually super comfy (I tell him it's because it's designed for older men)

Didn't kill him when he crashed into a post, either, which is great :D

I got a 45 conissuer with leather and stuff.

In 6 years I've only replaced the pads and discs, 4 tyres and an exhaust.

The thing is built like a tank, and it's the wifes car so is prone to a little neglect :$

It was mine and I promised to buy her a little girly C1 or something but ended up with a 156 v6 for me :Confused: ooops

She calls it an old mans car. But when it passed the MOT needing just a back box she realises that it's a bit of a trooper :thumbs:

It was a star for about four years, then he crashed.... Killed the car but it didn't even scratch him. It got him to our wedding so I'll always remember it :)

Wasn't the 45 floorpan derived from a Honda civic?

I used to be a member of Rovertech in a previous life. I needed to be, all the Rovers I have owned were constantly going wrong. *

* Not saying they are unreliable, I was probbaly just unlucky.

Robin's was an Olympus (Or oympic, or something) on an X reg. in a weird blue green colour....

That is my full knowledge of Rovers :biglol:

Yours is post facelift. And even if it was the one based on a civic,.its based on the shittest civic they ever made.

Yours is post facelift.

Yes I know. The one that looks like a 3 series :D

iv'e had 2 rovers in the past a 216sli H reg with the Honda engine and a 214si a p reg bubble shape one. they were alright basic. was going to buy a MG before the 147 but the spec on the 147 was much higher and i noticed bits in the interior that were excactly the same my first h reg rover, so for that reason i was out!!!

I'm happy to recommend anyone looking for info or help with their rover to head on over to -

RoverTech

It looks like a really good site, thanks Munksta. :thumbs::cool:

Just don't tell them I sent you, they'll lynch you! :|

You are not kidding are you?!? :biglol: Some good people but a couple of tools seem to be really missing you.

Nope, not kidding :LOL:

Theres a few other forums its best not to mention me on too :|