Sign in to follow this  
Smaky

Request a guide/how to.

If you have a pair of axle stands, a half decent socket set and a load of spanners, but not the faintest idea of how to wield them on the Bella then feel free to post a request for a guide of the task at hand below and I'll do my best to give you a logical (normally with pictures) step by step breakdown of the task.

Current Guides:

Window Regulator clean (147/156/166 similar/GT),

TS Breather Valve,

Selespeed Pump Motor Brushes,

TS/JTS Starter Motor replacement,

Upper Wishbone replacement (174/156/166 similar/GT),

Selespeed Accumulator Change,

156 Sticky Door Knob Fix,

G'day Smaky, Would you consider writing a guide to replacing the rear brake pads for the 156 please?

Cheers,

Dave

Funny you say that as I've just done the rear wheel bearing oe an this is part of that job.

Hi Smaky,

Is it possible to see a guide on how to disassemble and get to the inlet manifold gasket - for the purpose of replacing/applying sealant? I understand this should be quite easy and is often a weak spot for oil leakage, running into the ducts and drenching the plugs - and is a likely cause for (excessive) oil consumption.

Your PCV valve guide cured at least some of my consumption. Although I cleaned rather than replace it, as sourcing can be tricky...

Thanks in advance!

Tuval

Hi Smaky,

Is it possible to see a guide on how to disassemble and get to the inlet manifold gasket - for the purpose of replacing/applying sealant? I understand this should be quite easy and is often a weak spot for oil leakage, running into the ducts and drenching the plugs - and is a likely cause for (excessive) oil consumption.

Your PCV valve guide cured at least some of my consumption. Although I cleaned rather than replace it, as sourcing can be tricky...

Thanks in advance!

Tuval

I can certainly get one of those done within the next month asI have a car which I suspect has this very problem.

I need someone to sort a Selespeed gearbox which doesn't like to go from 2nd to 3rd but finds 5th, whines and struggles on downchanges - I suspect it is a bearing issue and needs a box rebuild.

I'm in Goring on Thames (half way between Reading and Oxford)

Contact number is 07590677232.

I've heard Smaky is the man but have no contact details. Can anyone help?

Hi Smaky,

Any chance of a guide to change the clutch slave cylinder as mine is leaking, not too bad at the moment but it definitely needs doing sooner rather than later.

Many thanks Paul.

Hi Smaky,

Any chance of a guide to change the clutch slave cylinder as mine is leaking, not too bad at the moment but it definitely needs doing sooner rather than later.

Many thanks Paul.

That's an easy one,

On the 146.

Remove battery,

Remove battery tray,

loosen the hydraulic union to the slave cylinder,

Remove the 2 13mm bolts that hold the slave to the top of the gearbox,

disconnect the hydraulic pipe from the cylinder and screw on the new cylinder asap to prevent leakage,

Bolt down the new cylinder to the gearbox,

Tighten up the hydraulic pipe,

Bleed the slave by opening the bleed screw, pressing down and holding the clutch pedal, locking the bleed screw then raising the pedal, repeat till the fluid flows air free and dont allow the brake fluid level to drop below half.

Refit battery tray andbattery,

Done.

Smaky, are you able to provide a full How To for rear rotor and pad replacement (156) please? Would you also replace the handbrake cable as a matter of course? or leave them if they are in good nick?

Also, EB Spares only sell the left and right cable.. not the centre one... would that normally not require replacement?

Smaky, are you able to provide a full How To for rear rotor and pad replacement (156) please? Would you also replace the handbrake cable as a matter of course? or leave them if they are in good nick?

Also, EB Spares only sell the left and right cable.. not the centre one... would that normally not require replacement?

The disc/pads is included in the wheel bearing guide, the cables I would only replace if they needed it and I've never replaced a center (forward) cable, they just dont seem to be a problem.

Smaky could you do a JTS de carbon how to please

Edited by 06gta

How hard/easy is the rear wheel bearing on a 146 with ABS, any special tools needed, if its easy i could be tempted to keep mine and get it back on the road.

How hard/easy is the rear wheel bearing on a 146 with ABS, any special tools needed, if its easy i could be tempted to keep mine and get it back on the road.

It's not the wheel bearings that are the problem on the 146, it's normaly the swing arm bearings rotting out which cause the back end to wander. But the bearings are easier to change on a 146 than a 156 etc and the guide is exactly the same.