Sign in to follow this  
K9d

Oscillating gear stick

In my 166 sometimes in 4th my gear stick oscillates, this is only noticeable when putting my hand on the stick. If I depress the clutch move to neutral and then back to 4th it will change to somewhere between no oscillation and full, occasionally it will also do it in 3rd.

There is no noticeable effect other then the stick oscillating.

Please make sure the answer is cheap, my cars are killing me financially at the moment. :cry2:

This is more of a rapid oscillation that can be made to go away by going to neutral then back to 4th, my wild stabs in the dark guesses with my limited knowledge would be, problem within the box with teeth not meshing properly all the time or something out of balance.

These are just my uneducated guesses, when I get the money to fix my 156 I will get you to have a drive in my 166 to see if you can shed more light on it. :)

The only thing within the box that sould make it do this I would think is if the selector fork isn't pushing the syncro ring in fully, but I would expect it to be jumping out of gear if that was so.

Other than the stick vibrating there is no other effect so I wont worry about it until you can cast you expert eye on it. :thumbs: