Sign in to follow this  
smiffy

new exhaust

right guys time has come to get a new exhaust, the one on the car at the mo is standard and is rotting away nicely, mot due next couple of months and doubt it will pass, so i'm after a new stainless back box, does anyone know anywhere round the west mids that does it and are they any good

ta

Was up Brierley Hill a couple of weeks ago getting a new stainless back box on the 156.

Cost £130 fitted, lifetime warranty and took em just over an hour.

96 mile round trip from my location so it was a bit of a gamble, as I'd just found them on fleabay.

But I'm very happy with the result, sounds much better and you even get a choice of tailpipes.

From what I can remember they'd do a full exhaust for around £240, but that was for a 1.8.

Anyways.....

Here's a link;

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Custom-Exhausts

nice one cheers tony only 20mins away does it sound more meaty and was it good service?

nice one cheers tony only 20mins away does it sound more meaty and was it good service?

Wel, never having had anything other than bog standard on anything before, I thought they seemed to know their stuff.

It looks a bit "rough and ready" from the outside, but the place is clean, all the parts are stacked where you can see them and I wandered about round the place watching everything they did.

Here's a thread on here that I started before I "jumped" to have it done, shows a couple of pictures, not that good, but better than nowt! ;)

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=422&p=20080#p20080

backboxes are for pussies.

You have a V6 smiffy, make it sound like this

£50 from longlife.

exhaust1.jpg

exhaust2.jpg

they wanted more money to make it look 'proper'... chrome tailpipes and all that sort of shit... sod that, bent pipe, hangers, loud enough to set off car alarms and make young children cry, job jobbed :D

It also added 50bhp. :LOL:

err yeah I had one done but erm I can't seem to find it... I have a really blurry pic of one I found on the net[/strike[ took on my phone...

backboxes are for pussies.

You have a V6 smiffy, make it sound like this

£50 from longlife.

exhaust1.jpg

exhaust2.jpg

Thank you so much for instantly making me feel slightly disappointed that I am picking up a DIESEL Spider tomorrow... :facepalm:

:LOL: I sold that pipe to someone on another forum who was very excited about it going onto his car and making it sound nice.

I too was looking forward to hearing it and hassled him for a video of it fitted.

Imagine my disappointment when he posted it up and it was on a derv. It sounded like someone farting into an empty baked bean tin. :(

Feeling better now? :P

:LOL: I sold that pipe to someone on another forum who was very excited about it going onto his car and making it sound nice.

I too was looking forward to hearing it and hassled him for a video of it fitted.

Imagine my disappointment when he posted it up and it was on a derv. It sounded like someone farting into an empty baked bean tin. :(

Feeling better now? :P

Muchly. :grr:

Bah - once I am putting out north of 400 ft lb of torque after a remap I am sure I can live with the compromise!

Just don't tell my clutch... :shh:

Back on topic, I had a full custom system made up for my GT by JP Exhausts in Macclesfield a while back. It was a superb mod that really improved the drive of the car.

If I was having another exhaust I would definitely go the whole hog and have a full system made up. In fact I plan too once my bank balance has recovered a bit after the purchase of the Spider...

i got a cat back stainless system recently from MIJ Exhausts in Walsall cost £295 and sounds loverrrly

PA010586.jpg

Looking at getting a Ragazzoni duplex system for the MiTo 1.6 jtdm but was wondering if there

is anything similar from other manufacturers ?

Any advice !

Cars going in for some gearbox work and other stuff soon so would like to get it all done at the same time :thumbs:

Looking at getting a Ragazzoni duplex system for the MiTo 1.6 jtdm but was wondering if there

is anything similar from other manufacturers ?

Any advice !

Cars going in for some gearbox work and other stuff soon so would like to get it all done at the same time :thumbs:

Get a bespoke quad one built for your car like I did...

2aju9a2a.jpg

adydy6y6.jpg

Where did you get them bad boys made up ?

Not into round pipes but if they could make me up a duplex oval system I'd be interested ;)

Give me 1st dabs if you ever decide to sell :thumbs:

Edited by northernbstard

290 quid

I might be selling it in new year

SOLD :Big Grin:

Seriously, that is a nice motor Ty and I reckon I'd look good in it so bear me in mind if you do :thumbs:

Can't believe how 'kin hard it is to get a replacement duplex exhaust ffs :nonono:

No-one seems interested in supplying info never mind an actual 'kin zorst :mad:

Managed to get a duplex system made up locally and they look the 'kin dogs danglies , straight thru from the mid section :yay:

Half the price of a Ragazzon as well :thumbs:

Not heard the bad boys yet as gearbox internals are being fettled then time dependent a remap and DPF/CAT removal :cool:

Got any pics sounds cool :thumbs:

No :facepalm: What a twat am I :nonono:

I went straight from work to have a butchers at what they'd done then got waylaid ffs :coat:

Hopefully It'll be back home tomorrow :thumbs:

Still not got round to taking any pics but the weather is shite and the cider gypsies nicked my camera yonks ago.

Sound wise on the tickover burble or revving in neutral you'd never tell the difference...

However....Give it a kick up the arse from 3rd on and it 'kin roars :cool:

I'm getting at least another 30 'spirited driving' miles per tankful and 3 quid less to fill up since I had it fitted :yay:

Could be that I had the 1st and 2nd gearbox bearings changed at the same time tho :lol1: