Sign in to follow this  
Joss

Is the GTA diff about to pop?

So after having the GTA for a week now and looking over variuos bits an pieces I am beginning to get nervous about the diff.:cry2: I've heard a few funny noises coming from the car. sometimes while accelerating, sometime when crusing. Seems to sound like either a metalic twang or like the wheels have kicked somthing really hard into the plastic body kit. Admittedly the front rolbar bushes are goosed and it's having them poly bushed but could it just be this instead or am i right to worry at 108k :s

Some garages like Auto-lusso have done a masterful job ofputting the fear of god into owners of cars with the 6 speed box that ALL of them are about to iminently launch the planatery pin out through the casing, when infact it's less than 1% which have done this in reality and not as big a problem as they make out.

The problem is that when it does go and from the people that have had one go tell me, you don't get any warning signs, I've never actually had one go on me, but if it's a worry and in your case it seems to be then I would have it looked at, if it isjust simply ARB bushes then the whole bar should be replaced or your new bushes will just get chewed up in weeks.

I know what you mean mate. It's just with that transmission grumble and occassional twang and the fact that I will be using it on track I just don't want to smash it while using it hard as I'm sure a new box wouldn't be that cheap. Still nice to hear a different opinion for once :thumbs: I want to get the Q2 anyway as people say it is well worth it for the car but at least I'm a little less worried about it trying to eject before it gets done.

One point I did notice about the grumble/ slight messing noise is that it is only really noticeable it 2,4,6 rather than 1,3,5.

Funnily enough I have noticed when pushing the stick into first it will make a small knock/crack noice so I will look at the linkage over the weekend