Sign in to follow this  
alfapat

Throttle Response To 1500

I am stuck with this small but irritating problem with my 1.9 jtd '53 plate 147.

Maybe to used to petrols but I have a lack of throttle response from start position , but soon as it hits 1500 revs it shoots off. I have tried cleaning and checking egr , vacuum pipes etc. , what am I missing here?

I think I can put this down to MAP sensor, I have cleaned it with carb cleaner and I have noticed a marginal improvement. They seam to be very fickle and so I may invest in a new one .

Try the MAF too. My old Passat had exactly the symptoms you describe. Changed the MAF and it transformed the car :)

---Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Ian getting great performance once it hits 1900 revs , so I can't see if that would help , it pulls really well above that , perhaps I'm expecting too much . M y friend had a multipla with the same engine (8v 1.9 jtd) and it was definitely quick to respond at junctions.

Mine was just like that. Perfect above 1700ish rpm. Just nothing low down. New MAF and it was transformed. Maybe try disconnecting yours to see if any difference? :)

New MAP , not genuine has definitely helped, but not convinced , I have not disconnected MAF yet , its a little bit involved on the 8v as its down under fuse box area and screwed on , so not had time .

On a separate issue I have also taken delivery of a 156 sw 1.9jtd 16v and the temperature refuses to rise according to dial. The top hose is not warming up and very little warmth after 25mns . I'm thinking there is a link between the timing belt replacement including water pump and maybe an airlock ?

If the temp dial does not rise, you'd be looking a new thermostat. Yours will be stuck open :(

Thanks trying to think too much out of the box, Ordered thermostat