goldie87

Front Suspension Issues

Hi all,

I've got some issues with my front suspension on my Alfa 147 and hoping someone can help.

First issue - when turning left or right, there is a grinding/rubbing sound coming from the front drivers side wheel area. When driving straight, there's no issues.

Second issue - when going over speed bumps/potholes etc, there is a creaking sound coming from the front suspension area. This happens when the weather is dry and hot, when the cars warm but rarely ever hear it when it's raining outside.

I've searched online and most places say that it could be the upper wish bone arms, lower wish bone arms, lower ball joints?

I've actually got the car up for sale now so was wandering what I could do as a cheapest option? Could I lubricate the ball joints or something along those lines?

Thanks in advance!

Sorry but no one here is going to tell you how to cover up a problem to sell your car.

If you want to fix the squeak for example, replacing the upper wishbone bushes will cure it.

The first problem sounds like a lower wishbone ball joint and the squeak is definitely the upper wishbone, if the rubbing is the same side then the answer is both of them need replacing.

The first problem sounds like a lower wishbone ball joint and the squeak is definitely the upper wishbone, if the rubbing is the same side then the answer is both of them need replacing.

Thanks bud. I've had the upper wishbone replaced and made no difference at all, still both issues there.

Shall I get just the wishbone ball joint replaced or the whole wishbone arm? Would it also be beneficial to get the front droplink on that side replaced while I'm at it?