Sign in to follow this  
Seawitch

164 Green Cloverleaf Cylinders And Spark Plugs

After a life with motorcycles I'm suddenly involved in a car I've fell in love with but know hardly anything about. My GF wants to bring her 1991 Alfa Romeo 164 Green Cloverleaf back to life after many years of slumber in a garage. It's so rare it seems to be a bit orphaned as far as internet info is concerned, so it's going to take meeting people on it I can talk to. We don't have an owners Manual yet and the first question I need to ask might cause some laughs, I need to change the spark plugs but can only find the three cylinders that meet the eye when you lift the bonnet, so far I can't find the other three....help!

Hi, and welcome, anyway the 164 is a beast and restoring her is a challenge worth taking on, but before you go too deep I'd advise checking the floor panels, along the sills and up under the rear wheel arches for tin worm which may ruin your day during an MOT. Back to the question, the other 2 spark plugs are in the same place in the other head, but you need to remove the inlet plenum chamber, not a massive task but fiddly with all the clamps and little screws.

Have fun and hope to see some pics of her soon,

Regards

Alex