Sign in to follow this  
alfapat

Front Fogs

Are there any known issues with the front fog lights blowing fuses, apart from checking the wiring in the headlight cluster. Not good to do right now as its never stopped raining lately !

Just if anyone has stumbled across anything.

147 '53 jtd😟

Update, it seems the console with the front fog button on it amounts to others maybe causing the fuse to blow , I have now got the right front fog to work with an alternative console , but I've run out of h1 bulbs , so hopefully , I'm on the right track. 🙂

Update, it seems the console with the front fog button on it amounts to others maybe causing the fuse to blow , I have now got the right front fog to work with an alternative console , but I've run out of h1 bulbs , so hopefully , I'm on the right track. 🙂

The board in the dash switch module for the fogs can get damp and the resulting corrosion can short the tracks on it, as this switch is connected to the body computer IC which then flicks the relay to power the lights, it is something that should be addressed as this can blow the body computer.

Thanks Smaky , changed board, and fine it works . To address the problem of severe damp , I think I ve bought a lemon . The floor was soaked and I think for some time , the rear window loose has been sealed , the windscreen replaced.

Long thread on other forum, it is down to a seal somewhere in the door post but can't see where probably behind front wing, it's destroying the car , any suggestions are there crucial seals may have been missed on build , is it obvious when wing is off.

Water seeps from inner at joint of floor and sill near post and into floor .