Sign in to follow this  
alfapat

Replacement Front Hub

Because my front bearing is u/s I'm going to replace it as I've done in the past with a S/H unit which includes the abs sensor unit.

I have waiting in the wings a 147 2.0 l with a white abs plug , it's important the the colour of this plug as I think all the 2.0l 147 and 156 should be the same up to the later new headlight model , sorry haven't progressed to that year so I'm asking the question really is the only difference to swap complete hubs is to match ABS versions of plugs as the sensors are different lengths due to the bearings being different.

Can anyone clarify this please.

The hubs themselves are the same on 147s, GTs and 156s, TS, JTS JTD, JTDm and 2.5V6 versions. GTAs and 3.2 GTs use different uprights and hubs due to the Brembo brakes and larger CV joints.

The ABS sensors are as you suspect age related, earlier ones use the white connectors and later the black, but if you're lucky and have patience you can soak the sensors in Plusgas and gently wiggle them out (SOMETIMES).