Sign in to follow this  
kam-325i

Strange One For You !

OK, strange one for you lot....

I have recently started to have problems trying to connect to the Selespeed ECU, MultiECU wont connect to it, nor even find it when doing a scan.

I can connect to the Engine, ABS and Airbags just fine, but not a sniff of the Selespeed ECU.

One other weird thing, with just the ignition on, engine not running, I can select all gears, I thought the system will only let you select 1st, 2nd & Reverse......

Are you trying to connect to the correct sele ecu? Sometimes trying to connect to another models sele ecu gets you in with that software.

The selection of all gears with the ignition at MAR and engine not running is correct, start the engine and then you should only be able to get 1,2 or R, that is to prevent you pulling away in to high a gear.

1,2 & R only with engine running is what I get, so that's ok then, im just trying to check the clutch travel thingy (28.3mm), but cant get a sniff of the Selespeed ECU...

I did think it may be a diver problem, but would that not affect all the ECU comms, and not just the sele ECU?

The cable supplied by Rarebear, ive had it working for nearly 2 years, I just cant get it to connect to the sele ECU anymore.

That's the blue KKL one then which has done well not to fry itself sooner. As soon as Rarebear does what he does to them the main K line is overloaded and this eventually blows one of the diodes on the board in the plug, the better way to do it is to use one of those leads, NOT MODIFIED, and the use the red/green/yellow/purple adapters which are specifically for that purpose and will only load the lead with the right ecu connection.