jack58

156 Selespeed Ts Speedo Drops To Zero When Braking And Throttle Vague

Speed o drops to zero when the headlights are on and the foot brakes are applied.. Also sometimes when the indicators are on . Could this be a earthing problem? I have replaced the battery and the problem has become intermittent .The ABS light is not on

Also with the car stationary and trying to gradually increase engine revs the throttle response gets very vague,Nothing between 1200 and 2200 and while the pedal is steady. the engine can increase or decrease revs by up to 300 and then stabilize. It is a fly by wire throttle.Is the problem at the pedal end or at the throttle body?

Does the ABS light "test£ when you first turn the ignition on?

And as you have surmised I too feel that this is an earth point issue.

Some info though....

the speed signal is produced by the ABS wheel sensors, the ABS unit compares the signals and sends it to the engine ecu, from there it goes to the speedo head where on the sele models there is a tap off which passes it on to the sele ECU, if the car is changing gears as it should and with this fault I'd make sure it is dropping gears correctly when you slow to a stop, then the first thing to replace after checking all the connections are sound is the speedo head.

The ABS light goes out with all the others after a few seconds.Gear changes are normal when slowing in manual and city mode.

On ECUScan with the throttle position at 3.04% the no load engine revs can read close to 4000. Is this normal?.It is not so noticeable under actual drivingconditions but maybe starting and stopping in heavy traffic conditions the selespeed would be smoother

Had the same problem, remember Smaky? All good after I had alternator serviced, also found loose wire on alternator, not sure if it was the alternator itself or the loose wire

Sent from my HUAWEI G7-L01 using Tapatalk

Had the same problem, remember Smaky? All good after I had alternator serviced, also found loose wire on alternator, not sure if it was the alternator itself or the loose wire

Sent from my HUAWEI G7-L01 using Tapatalk

Yes I do remember, and I think this will be the same problem.

147 Brake pedal no throttle?

Alfa 147 Selespeed.

You press the brake pedal in neutral and there is no throttle, take your foot off and it revs?

ABS , VDC and engine lights on.

Bought this car unseen cheap for parts , great motor and it is too good to wreck.

However it had a new clutch fitted by the previous owner in a garage and there is no drive .

Selespeed doesn't select gears , changed the pump/ relay.

Cant get any of my three scanners to connect to read the fault codes.

Need to get a new one.

WTF?

Edited by Cas