Sign in to follow this  
jonalfaspider

Anyone Handy With A Spanner Want Earn £100

Hi guys, well some bad luck. While tinkering with my 2005 1.9jtdm sport, I spraying my map sensor with carb cleaner I decided to give the manifold a spray down the little hole the map sensor sits in................

cry2.gif the plastic end has come off and gone down into hole cry2.gif

Took the turbo pipe and throttle body off and can't be seen.

So I really need some help, the manifold needs to be removed, plastic bit taken out and refitted.

So any one out there handy with a spanner wants to earn £100 cash?, for a morning work?

I can supply good company, lol! unlimited tea coffee beers and even treat you to a chip shop lunch.

It will have to been done on my drive as i won't be turning the key incase it wrecks the engine.

I live at de143dt burton upon trent.

Thanks Jon

I'd enjoy the challenge but the day out would cost me that anyway, plus it may turn into a belt, pump and intake off at best and worst case, head off if it has slipped past an open valve

cry2.gif the plastic end has come off and gone down into hole cry2.gif

I am no technical advisor but, if it is only the short plastic tube thingie, I would't stress too much,

wouldn't think it would worry the motor much at all ?

The metal parts in the turbo & engine would quickly chomp it up like a shedder & it would be gone.

if not within seconds, certainly after a few minutes running, heat would melt & burn all the bits up

& shoot em out the exhaust manifold, I reckon !

be lucky if any of it even got to the sump !

Be careful next time :)

Edited by sportyone

I am no technical advisor but, if it is only the short plastic tube thingie, I would't stress too much,

wouldn't think it would worry the motor much at all ?

The metal parts in the turbo & engine would quickly chomp it up like a shedder & it would be gone.

if not within seconds, certainly after a few minutes running, heat would melt & burn all the bits up

& shoot em out the exhaust manifold, I reckon !

be lucky if any of it even got to the sump !

Be careful next time :)

An example of poor advice.

For a start if it managed to get through the valve appature without jamming and causing the valve to bend then it would be in the furnace where it would be melted, possibly clog up the rings or try and escape through the exhaust valves, some of it may shoot off to the EGR and then go back through the cycle the rest though has to fo through the turbo, it would be melted further and possibly stick to the vanes of the impellor and unbalance it causing failure of the bearings and £100s of damage to the turbo, it then has the cat and Lambdas in its sights, my advice, for a DIY job and £120 on a belt kit and water pump at most, get it out.

• Like 1