Sign in to follow this  
jonalfaspider

Changed Battery Now Vdc Fault Code C1276 That Won't Clear

Hi guys i changed the battery on my 156 jtd and now have a fault flashing up vdc system failure.

I have doubled check and the new battery is fully charged and the terminals are on nice and tight.

not a problem i thought just clear the code and sorted, hooked up to multiecuscan read the code C1276, cleared it and turned her off, back on code appears again. tried it a few times but the vdc lights keep flashing up...hayho!

So i read read he code again and it means this.................

Main Relay or the associated circuitry has a defect. This relay is usually part of the hydraulic assembly and supplies the power to the solenoid valves and acts as a safety device. Check:

- permanent (+ 30) and Key-On power supplies and ground circuits for opens, shorts or weak connections

- the relay coils and the relay for proper functioning.

The fault is present now. Take appropriate action to fix this sensor fault. Dashboard warning light was activated for this fault.

any advice guys not sure what i should check next.

thanks Jon

Replace the midi fuse on the +ve battery terminsl box or check the wire from it is sound, occasionally they fracture when youreplace the battery as they get pulled up to allow the battery out and in.

Great thanks for your help been to a load of high street retailer like halfords for a midi fuse but no one seems to sell them. I will check the wire as well, many thanks

Mmm all fuses look good I'm wondering if the car needs to be driven to tell computer abs is fine over a period/distance.

I have ordered some midi fuses so hopefully they will turn up early next week.

Sometimes a drive round the block will clear the ABS lights, but if they remain you'll need to have the car plugged in to find the fault and resolve the issue.

go wednesday off so will have a look once the fuses arrive

the codes on multiecuscan show this fault

Main Relay or the associated circuitry has a defect. This relay is usually part of the hydraulic assembly and supplies the power to the solenoid valves and acts as a safety device. Check:

- permanent (+ 30) and Key-On power supplies and ground circuits for opens, shorts or weak connections

- the relay coils and the relay for proper functioning.

The fault is present now. Take appropriate action to fix this sensor fault. Dashboard warning light was activated for this fault.