M.J.S

Thump Thump Goes My 156...

Hi All,

So the 2004 156 2.4 JTDM is knocking or thumping. It seems to be coming from the front, I can hear it and it also possible to feel it in your feet when driving.

It feels like it is coming from the front middle of the car. The sound is more like a thump than a knock and it feels like something is being pushed back then coming forward.

I've taken a video and some pictures. You can hear the thump (just about) at 18-20 seconds in. The pics and video are here OneDrive Link

Would it make sense to disconnect the drop links and take it for a quick test drive to see if the noise goes away?

So is it one of the usual suspects? Or am I in for something else?

Cheers

M

Edited by M.J.S

So after jacking it up and taking the wheels off I found the problem. The offside front drop link was loose. Tightened up and the knock has gone. Think I'll replace it soon thought.

So after jacking it up and taking the wheels off I found the problem. The offside front drop link was loose. Tightened up and the knock has gone. Think I'll replace it soon thought.