K9d

Decision Time.

I still have the 147, well sort of, Kathy tends to hog it. :(

Had my first proper drive in the bimmer today, it wasn't the best of starts, found the car deep frozen this morning and then discovered that the rear screen heater doesn't work and the blower for the screen seems to have asthma :(, it works ok for the centre vents but sod all comes out for the screen.

On to the driving, so far I'm distinctly underwhelmed, its very German does what it should do in a competent way but devoid of any fun. Plus the seating position is weird, my arms are too long and my legs too short.

Can't see why they sell by the bucket load :Confused:

That's probably really funny, but I'm not getting a picture :(

I could try and say it was LJ, but that would need a huge leap of imagination. :LOL:

Had an unusual problem today, went to Asda with Emily, got back to the car and it wouldn't open with the remote, the interior light came on and the boot unlocked but not the doors.

Managed to open the drivers door with the key, but couldn't open the passenger door from inside. Emily climbed through, I got in and closed the door, then had the brilliant idea of locking the car and trying to unlock it again, no joy :(

Drove home, figuring I could wind down the window and open the drivers door with the key :)

Got home tried pressing the button to open the car, but in the process pressed the button that opens the glass part of the boot lid. Guess what when that's open you can't unlock the doors even with the key.

So now were stuck in the car, I rang Kathy who was indoors, but she has her bloody phone on silent. :mad:

She rang me back a few minutes later and I had to get her to open and close the boot, then passed her the key out the window so she could let us out, Emily still had to climb through to get out the drivers door.

Fucking German crap. :LOL:

Seems the issue is a relay and it gets worse when the car is hot. :(

I'm also not impressed by the fuel consumption, in the 147 on my drive to work I can average 42mpg in the Bimmer 37mpg, that's a 2.0 petrol Alfa against a 2.0 Diesel BMW. Either the Alfa is lying or the BMW is too thirsty.

Hmmmmm that bimmer sounds shit but I laughed that you got locked in :biglol:

I'm beginning to think the same.

But your right it was funny. :LOL:

Still not getting the bimmer thing :Confused:

I've even started thinking about fixing the 156 and flogging the 3, apart from the welding I can do all the jobs on the 156 or flog both of them and get a 159.