Sign in to follow this  
Ola W

Cable Break/disruption From 20-Pin

Hi again from Sweden!

Having problem with my daughters 147 Sele again. Have narrow it down to what seems to be a disrupted ground connection on the female side of the 20pin connetor. I cannot track any connection from pin 8 and 5 to the Sele ECU (M54A pin 1) or the front dashbord connector (D1 pin 7) or ground at Right front earth (C11). I'm guessing that somewhere along the harness the cables from pin 8 and 5 are connected together and that's wheremy problem is.

Is there sombody who have a clue on where along the cable-harness that these cables are joined together? (Not so fond of the idea of ripping up the whole harness, all the other connections from the 20-pin are ok and ringed out).

Regards!

Ola in Sweden

Hi Smaky

You're The Guru, you can ask whatever you want! :)

Had some various P1741, 1742, 1743 and 0725. Also 1703. Changed the crank sensor to a new one and checked the clutch speed sensor which was ok. Have also checked and cleaned all the position sensors and done calibraion. The car was then up and runing for two days but then troubled us again, as I then just touched the cable harness on the "car-side" the car stalled and again gave faults.

It can of course also be the 20-pin, have done the classic 15-times connect/disconnect. The cabling on the actuator side have I checked and signals are comming throgh all ok. This led me to check the other side and thats when I spotted the possible disruption on pin 5&8.

Please do not hesitate to corret me if you think I'm on the wrong track!

Up and running again!

Don't really know what it was I did that got it going again, been all over the wiring. I do suspect the front right ground C11 which I cleaned and thighten up. Need to remove he front bumper to get to it. The 20-pin might also have done it's best as a failing point. Can't say that I'm fond of that bloody connector!

Anyhow up and running for now...