alfizta

156 Twinspark V6 Cheapo Mod

80 mm diameter exhaust aluminium tube, with a bit of insulation arround (about 1 mm thick) at the air filter box entrance to fit tight.

streched a bit to make a turn like the original v6 intake pipe.

tie wrap at the end.

deeper sound, and just a little bit noisier than with resonator on. not even close to the noise with only the resonator off.

v6_cheap_mod_zpsf0dab4b1.jpg

you always have something bad to say... :whistle:

this is not how it actualy looks fitted. the end of the tube was raised and sits just below the headlights. that's what I mean with the "turn like the opriginal pipe"... ;)

I don't get why you would want to replace the ideal part with a thin foil pipe which is renowned for splitting and rotting out???

I spent £15 and bought the parts for the GTA mod back in 2007. Still fitted and still in perfect condition and doesn't look like a Max Power feature car :D

I did a similar mod to my car too with the hose ending up behind the gap between the headlamp and bumper, mainly because I couldn't get the GTA snorkel for anything less than RM300 or 55GBP anywhere :| We get a lot of torrential rain here in Malaysia and my car is quite low, no problems yet so far *fortunately*

I used a bellowed rubber hose, so I guess the airflow is really effed up in there, sounds nice though, gonna replace it with a proper snorkel when I can find it for cheap :D

Welcome and tell us more...

Hi Alex, take it you mean me since I only just joined.

GTA snorkel, part number 60677409 replaces the resonator box on the TS. Mounting kit I forget part numbers but was a pad, a spacer and a screw.

Did it while I was replacing my radiator and yes, at the time I removed the bumper :D

EDIT: found the parts list

60677409 - Snorkel

7663916 - Pad

60630491 - Spacer

15697604 - screw

12624101 - washer

Edited by rob3rto

Hi Alex, take it you mean me since I only just joined.

GTA snorkel, part number 60677409 replaces the resonator box on the TS. Mounting kit I forget part numbers but was a pad, a spacer and a screw.

Did it while I was replacing my radiator and yes, at the time I removed the bumper :D

EDIT: found the parts list

60677409 - Snorkel

7663916 - Pad

60630491 - Spacer

15697604 - screw

12624101 - washer

Yes I'm well aare of that mod and I have it on both of my Selespeeds and the JTS, and if using the original V6 parts then it's a sound mod, my point was that the alloy ducting in the original post is fragile and often falls to bits if you stare at it for too long, anyone with a BMC filter will understand that.